New grow: first time organic with foxfarm

I am using foxfarm ocean forest and then mixing a suoersoil mix from nature’s living soil and will be tranfering these soon into a 5 gallon vivosun cloth pot! We have 2 blue dream and 2 cotton candy and 1 the church! First time doing organic so give me any tips and tricks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Organic people @Ladithief and @hoppiefrog

1 Like

Careful with that Ocean Forest - it has a lot of good stuff already in it. Probably good through Veg with just the soil.

4 Likes

Yes FF is hot already. No need for nutrients for 30 days.

2 Likes

Would you recommend I use anther soil to mix with the supersoil mix? Any suggestions? The super soil mix will go on the bottom 1/3 Of the 5 gallon.

1 Like

I would wait for @Ladithief he would know. I have never mixed soil. Im promix or coco only.

1 Like

I recycle my soil on a 6 month cycle - it all started with a base of Happy Frog.

I add stuff like

• Fish-bone-meal
  • Alfalfa
  • Worm casting
  • Lobster meal
  • Langbeinite

Dependant on what was depleted out of the soil by the plant. Dr. Earth makes a fabulous Organic mix with all the fixins. Bug/egg free.

Be happy

2 Likes

Nice. I use dr earth outdoors in my garden and bushes.

1 Like

Neither of us have ever grown in super soil srry

1 Like

Oh ok my bad I know u do organics so I 5hought you might know

2 Likes

Well I don’t want to be a wet dishcloth here…if you are talking about Natures Living Soil BRAND, then I can only tell you that I mixed it with straight coco, per their instructions on their website, put it in two large totes and “cooked” it for a good two months before I put it into fabric pots. After about three weeks in that mix my plants suddenly started getting yellow leaves, brown spots, and just about every symptom of every deficiency or problem you could name. Because this was living soil you are not supposed to add anything to it nute wise, I actually had a nutrient company biologist (nutes I started foliar feeding) working with me to try and figure out what was wrong and we never did. I finally had to foliar feed N and Mg and micro-nutrients and just barely kept them alive through flower. I have a good light, I PH my water (rain water) and pay attention. Nothing I or what was suggested did much except barely keep them alive until they flowered and finished. Would NEVER use that brand of Living earth supplement again. Beyond the foliar feeding…the only thing I did and I give it credit for them making it alive through flower is Re-charge and Mycos. Sorry for the bad news, I have seen other bad reports about that brand on other forums when I was trying to fix them. I hope it works out for you.

3 Likes

why are you mixing them?

1 Like

Thank you guys! I am going to try a side by side with the super soil and the fox farm ocean forest! In case the super soil is too much for these plants at least I will have some that are in a great soil!

1 Like

That’s what the instructions say to do. You either make your own soil using their supplement (homogeneous), a base of coco and perlite and their stuff and cook it, or you do a pot layer type feeding using their supplement. I don’t know if I got a bad batch or is just isn’t all that good. I know I will never try it again.

2 Likes

you may have just stopped someone else from making a mistake. i always post my misadventures too. al least you warned them. :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot worm castings in the mix too, (according to instructions).

2 Likes