New grow with an Oldguy

So what in ur opinion caused the wrinkly leaves like that. Too much feed too much light. I’ve had a couple do this at about the size URS is now but they seemed to grow right out of it. Trying to decide what was the cause of the wrinkly leaves like this. Lol. It only happened while they vegged and not for a long time like maybe it was a point it wasn’t supposed to have so much N or something idk but let’s break this down and come to a conclusion for me to look at next time I notice this on mine too. I try and learn by watching others here and doing the work. I don’t get much into watching like green genes videos like that just not enough time for me to sit and watch them without having a kid in one ear and the wife in the other lol.

8 Likes

Might wanna take a look at its pH first. And the EC of your pure water. It all starts there, before anything else.

8 Likes

At the point when mine were looking that way the pH and all was in line or close which should not have been the issue. They were hanging between a 6 and 6.1 at the time it was when I did daily hand watering Almost wondering if it was just a strain that didn’t like something in the mix so much at the time it happened. It worked it way out pretty quick if I remember but still would like to know what was the cause

8 Likes

I’ve had it happen a lot of times as far as the wrinkly leaves. They usually do a heavy growth spurt right after they look like that. I kind of look at it this way. Small kids get kind of chunky and then all of a sudden they’re tall and skinny. I think that’s kind of what’s happening. They’re storing up a bunch of energy and then just letting it go all at once for a growth spurt. I don’t know for certain, but it sounds good to me. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

This is what I’ve also noticed the few times it’s happened before.
They did pretty good too iirc. Nice yields.
If it was the environment it should be affecting the others similarly I would think.
The other times I saw it , it was only the one plant as well.
This one also started off slowly and took a bit to start pushing leaf compared to the others.
It is what it is. :grin:
I’ll still smoke what I get. :joy:

Same here Ph at 6.1 - 6.2 , temps have been a lil cooler but not terrible. Higher 60’s at night. Upper 70’s thru the day. :man_shrugging:

Have a good one folks.
Stay safe. :v::pray:
:v:

7 Likes

Maybe they have a picky point in life they don’t want one part that’s in the nutes line or something. Lol. Still grew and had a super nice taste to it but nothing bag quality or anything to write home to mama about. Lol.

6 Likes

Going to be a great day folks. :sunny::blush:
Hope everyone and their gardens are doing well.

Moving the kids out under my 600 in the room today. Getting too big for the tent.

The AOC /Cd branching is too tight to the stem.

Need to get them pulled out a bit for more light. :wink:
Have 7 females so far. The rest should show in the next week or so.

Stay safe and lit folks.
Have a blessed day. :pray:

:v::green_heart:

11 Likes