New grower in alabama

Okay so I’m new to all this, I’ve been doing some research (not a lot) but I understand something’s lol. I’m planning on growing outside in Alabama. I don’t have the room or funds for an indoor grow. Looking for anyone with recommendations and strains and growth mediums for my climate. Anything helps really no advice will be turned away.

11 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: love growing outside

welcome to our community it is great to have another grower with

ask questions folks here love to help

all the best and enjoy youself

Dequilo

9 Likes

HI @wet-willi420 , welcome to GN. What kind of growing conditions do you have over there in Alabama, do you have a budget for decent seeds, and access to compost etc. Is it legal to grow for personal use?

6 Likes

No it’s not. No access to compost really but I’m thinking of growing in som type of pot that way I’m in control the soil. And as far as seeds go yeah I have the budget just not sure what strain or type just yet.

5 Likes

what you looking to grow? Autos? Regulars? Sativa? Indica? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m thinking auto, cause it seems easier for beginners even tho they are less forgiving, and I prefer indica heavy hybrids.

5 Likes

I think Autos are harder to grow then regulars. I like to control the plants flowering. Just pick a nice easy strain for ur first one. I picked a hard one first and keep picking them. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

:joy: love how that works tho, what are some of the easier strains then? And if I’m going reg what’s the harvest time on those? I haven’t looked much into it cause I was set on autos

5 Likes

inside Auto have been slapping the shit out of me :frowning: 5 that look hell

outside no worries

@wet-willi420 if you use pots outside hard plastic pots will cook your if you are

not careful :frowning: fabric pots are better the ground is the best

also feminized seed might be good also for photo plants

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

1 Like

I would stick to Feminised otherwise its the luck of the draw with regulars, unless ur breeding. Me personally like regulars less genetics being messed about with mostly for Medical reasons. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes