New Grower Needs - Help

New, this is my first grow. Growing autoflowers (Canadian Snow) can anyone help ID this problem with see pics below

The tops of the leaves are turning almost black, starting from the stem out into the leaves. The underside of the leaves are light green.

Checked ph, was fine 6.3, checked nutes was low, so plan to feed again but was looking for some advice before I feed again.

It’s a basement grow room:
Day temp around 75
Night temp around 60
Humidity @ 50%
18/6 light cycle (gavita 1000w HPS)
Watering when dry

6 Likes

How old is it? I couldn’t t locate any info on that strain at all. Without more info I’m guessing your low temps at night are doing it.
Think you could up your ph to around 6.5 be good. Your RH is good. Have some slight clawing either to much water or not enough. What are you feeding it :thinking::roll_eyes:
How high from the plant is your hps?

1 Like

What are the nutes? How are you appling them? And whats the water quality like in your area?

4 Likes

I agree… To me it’s nutrient burn… Ive gotten nutrient burn like that before one time when I tried to eyeball my nutrients… I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Hi @a2guy, welcome to GN. Your leaves are curling too, wonder what it is. At first i thought the glossyness and sheen of your leaves could be a problem, but that seems like its usual with certain indica dominant strains. I am sure by answer the questions above you will get the help you need.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that exact same thing in plants using food coloring. I thinks its a combination of the above. Especially the water. City water carries so much besides water, do you filter all your water? Something in it might combine weird with your nutes to cause this.

2 Likes

Well I just worked as hard as I could to GET MINE to do that lol. It is the difference in the daytime/nighttime temps turning them purple. That’s my guess. The leaf curling is nitrogen toxicity is my guess as well. Flush them real good.

1 Like