New member autoflower grow

Oh yea not auto related but here is a shot of that chembo photo :metal: have a great day guys!

11 Likes

Those are gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thank youu I cant wait to see some buds on her! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve already said elsewhere, but what area of the country are you in? what’s the closest major city?

2 Likes

Near Sacramento ca us :metal: what about you? @OlyBoy

3 Likes

If you have a journal tracking your photos, please tag me in it.

If you don’t have a journal for your photos, please start one. Then tag me in it.

please thank you

When I looked up the sunrise/sunset times for Sacramento (at 38* N). If I were to guess, you’ll see your first buds sometime in the first week of August? Is that what happened previous summers? (Then I hope you have eight to ten glorious weeks of NorCal weather, and your plants are harvested before the weather cools and the Pacific humidity starts to rise.) I would LOVE to grow outside for one season in your area.

@TheMadFlascher Can I get your thoughts on this? (now that i think about it, this might be common knowledge to everyone else but me) Clearly…all plants are different, but how common is the ~14:30 mark considered ‘natural flip’. Thanks, man.

Anyway, deathroll, tag me in your journal for those big 'ol photos you got growing.

5 Likes

Yea definitely will do. And yes we start to see them in August. I’ll take more photos this weekend. It’s a good place to grow I throw solar lights on em and go in as early as possible so that helps. I haven’t started a journal for them yet but I will get on that. The strains i got going are chembo, ruthless ,mac n jack (mac1xjack herer) ,headband , ice cream cake, I’m happy with the selection I have this year and seems like great genetics.thank you! @OlyBoy

2 Likes

Before I started growing, there was a dispensary in Portland that would have different kinds of “cake” come through. Lava cake, ice cream cake, pineapple cake. Whenever I’d see a new ‘cake’, I’d usually try it and it was always :fire: :fire: :fire:.

4 Likes

I started using tubing and drip emitters last summer and stand by them now. Not only do you save water but because it comes out with such a slow rate the water won’t wash away or run off. So the water gets deeper into the soil rather than running off. Also like you say if you are going camping or won’t be there for a few days you can just let everything dry out before your trip and just turn the water on when you leave and won’t have to worry about over watering while you are gone. And the triple win to top it all of us you just flip a valve to water so you save on all that hand watering time. More time efficient and the water doesn’t evaporate so the water absorption and efficiency is awesome.

2 Likes

There’s a couple better pictures of his water system over here…

2 Likes

Verry true I flipped all mine from sprayer to drip and I’m not lookin back. The bigger the plant the wider you need to expand the drip (in ground).

2 Likes

You know honestly…it is a little different than growing indoors, in that depending on how many varieties you have …some will undoubtly start flower sooner than others. Remember cannabis genetics is very diverse!

I think it’s one of those things where you start with a hyposisis and then refine your knowledge based on your experience.

There is one thing I can attest to from the plant physiology perspective…temperatures have a tremendous effect on bud/flower initiation timing. Almonds typically begin bloom in the first week of February, yet over my 40 year career depending on temperatures, they would fluctuate 10-14 days. So yes, daylight length will will be the ‘triggering’ factor but accumulated heat hours will be a big influence…FWIW

7 Likes

No going back now!

7 Likes

One problem with my last grow was density dose anyone have suggestions on a way to fix this?

3 Likes

You mean density in general of the buds?

1 Like

I want rock hard nug

2 Likes

That can go all the way from the grow to the drying really. But if your grow is ending well, then drying correctly makes all the difference there as well. 70° and 50%

2 Likes

What are you feeding your autos compared to your photo grow? I would imagine that the nutes/teas that your feeding them should also be good for your autos?

1 Like

Yea i’m using more of the advanced nutrients on them but light maybe I just need to feed more. My last grow was fluffy so I hope this one is better

1 Like

So you’re in the Sacramento area a, i’m south of you not all that far.:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes