New Member looking to grow but doesn’t know anything about it

I affirm Love, Peace, and Blessings to all those who so happen to come across this post. May you be Divinely Guided in all your growing endeavors. Prosperity and Abundance overflows through you and each member/admin apart of this community.

Hopefully that statement caused some sense of warmth and comfort. I am a new member here who is looking to learn and connect with people who share my interest. I love weed. It has helped me through some of my darkest times. I’ve been fed up with this bullshit “system” for a long time now. I decided that I would create the life that I want for myself and my family. I’m figuring out my purpose in this life and have recently become smitten with the Japanese concept of “Ikigai”. * “Japanese dictionaries define ikigai in such terms as ikiru hariai, yorokobi, meate (something to live for, the joy and goal of living) and ikite iru dake no neuchi, ikite inu kōfuku, rieki (a life worth living, the happiness and benefit of being alive). Essentially it means finding the something that’s a combination of

1. What you love
  2. What you are good at
  3. What the world needs
  4. What you can be paid for
    This is something that fits all categories for me and is something that I am focused on successfully accomplishing and then some. I would appreciate any and all recommendations for knowledge and any insight that you learned from your experience of getting into this field. I give my thanks and love in advance.
6 Likes

Hi @E.H.O.K.D.888 and a fine welcome to Growers Network. Good old Mary Jane, been next to alot of our sides through during the darkest times, and it just takes a spark for a high.

If you interested to learn more obviously reading the forums and grow journals is a good start, but also consider enrolling into the GN University for a crash course into cannabis.

5 Likes

Well first thing u need to ask yourself is what method would u like to grow. There’s organic super soil, organic soil with compost teas, coir and nutrients, hydroponics and aquaponics. Next u need to share what environment you will be doing whether outdoor, indoor, or greenhouse. If indoor or greenhouse what do you plan on using for lighting? Leds or the metal halide and high pressure sodium route? If growing outdoors what’s your climate like?

There’s many members here that can guide u in the right direction, just need to know which directions u want to take to make sure ur having a Convo with the right guy as many of us have our own methods to achieve the same goal of a crop

4 Likes

i wish you great success in your growing! we all have a story about our growing beginnings. you will do great.

2 Likes

Thanks I just enrolled and am looking forward to the knowledge I have by the end of the course.

4 Likes

Good luck fella.

Make sure you get all the right feed in and prepare your grown room properly before you start, that way you dont have any panics when you run in to a few problems.

It is not that hard once you have the right equipment and nutrients you’re flying.

3 Likes

Thank you for your explanation. Right now I haven’t decided on where exactly I want to go with it to start. I feel like I would be more comfortable after attaining some basic knowledge and then put my focus on testing that knowledge by growing for myself. I am excited to share with all of you my growing journey when I do decide to do my first grow.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. It boosted my confidence, and I’m really appreciative of that gesture.

2 Likes

Thank you for your helpful insights and tips. I will make sure to keep this in mind before I start my growing process. :relaxed:

3 Likes