New Setup Complete

4x4 Ac Infinity tent with AC infinity furniture up top, Hyphotonflux HPF4000. Botanicare 3x3 tray on the FastFit stand, floraflex plumbing, Eco396 in the Res.
Temporarily housing my strawberries and nearly dead Moringa tree.

9 Likes

That looks great. What’s your watering schedule gonna be?

4 Likes

I think twice a day. Once an hour after lights on, and the second watering 5 hours after that. My timer can only do minutes so I’ll run 1 minute each watering which should be more than enough but hopefully not too much. The lines are unrestricted, open flow only held back by the length of hose and pump power.

4 Likes

Your water is draining back to your tank correct?

4 Likes

Yep, recirculating. I should be able to have about 18 gallons in the res. I have a large air pump with 4 stones, plus a micro pump inside to circulate 24/7. I plan on dosing h202 3 days after water change, with a fresh change every 7 days.

3 Likes

I did all my indoor in Rockwool last year. I had no idea how to do it. So I’m gonna share some experience and save you some time. That Rockwall cube needs to be absolutely completely saturated at least twice a day. It’s all relative to the size of a plant you can get away with twice a day easy in veg but when you get into flour they’re gonna want more. You don’t need to use an air stone and your nutrient. This will cause you pH issues. If you just get a little tiny 80 gallon an hour pump put it on a timer and have it run for five times a day for 15 or 20 minutes to circulate your solution. The roots of your plants in Rockool get there oxygen buy pulling it in the cube as the water goes out the bottom. I’ll tag you over to my journal and you can go back to Waze and look. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Ok good to know, I will pull the air pump out. I know I’ve had issues in the past with PH and air stones in a cloner. Thanks for the advice.

3 Likes

This is exactly how my partner works with his system too. Spot in advice @happilyretired

2 Likes

Do you guys soak your rockwool in tap or rodi (obviously PH it to 5.5) Also you preload it with weak nutrients like a clonex?

3 Likes

Very neat and clean, well layed out system. Looks like that light has the perfect coverage too. I’m taking it you are going to LST/scrog on this grow.

Marty

3 Likes

Tomatoes get staked or caged, but maybe a scrog is in order for this one.

4 Likes

I don’t know what all the rules are with Rock wool, I’ll just mix up whatever nutrient solution I’m gonna be feeding them when they go into the cube and soak them in that. I’m talking the 6 inch cubes now. As far as starting your seeds in a inch and a half or 2 inch cube I would suggest soaking them in some RO or just plain bottled water with a little clone X starter solution. I usually set my pH anywhere between 5.6 and 6.0. And go from there. As long as you are recirculating you are going to be chasing your pH. This gives you a place to start, when you start having questions after you’re going we’l deal with them then. :+1:t3:

3 Likes