New to the forum....just wanted to say hi to everyone

I just signed up a few minutes ago…just wanted to create a first post to say what’s up to everyone. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here and follow some grows. Maybe even learn a thing or two…or help however I can. Anyways, soon as I learn to navigate the site a little better and read the rules. I’ll be starting a journal to start my work. Gonna keep it short and simple for a first one though so…looking forward to my time here.

16 Likes

Welcome good to meet you just have to say this place is amazing lots of wonderful people and a wealth of knowledge and everybody helps one another whether you grow one plant or 500

4 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait to get my feet wet then eventually settled in. Looks like a nicely designed forum. Like I said, glad to be here and I’ll start showing some of my grow and plants off shortly. Thanks for the welcome.

4 Likes

I have been a member since 2018 GN just started and I have always seen the networking value with real cannabis professionals while being a member.
If you want real cannabis work you will find it. Welcome

4 Likes

Hi all. I’ve just signed up and really looking forward to meeting and chatting with other like me who love to grow cannabis.
I really need to get some tips and help with growing indoors.
I’ve always grow outside coming from N.Z but have recently moved to Spain where I can grow in my house so why not I say.
Its the lightning I need the most help with, I’ve had so many people say to use this that and the other brands I’m now confused.
Looking forward to any help anyone can give please

Kind Regards Kiwi

3 Likes

Yooo @kiwisdofly! Im an imported kiwi from tokoroa…stateside U.S. for 38yrs. good to meet ya Can you post what lights you might be considering? And we can help get you the right equipment?
Do you have journal here yet.

Hit that button and start you own thread and we can come and help. And it keeps all your information in one place.

1 Like

Hey bro. Nice to meet yah, I’m from West Auckland originally.
I’ve been living in the UK for 20 years and it’s just turned to shit with Brexit bullshit so moved to Spain weather amazing and laws are relaxed on growing.
I’ve been looking at Mars Hydro and Spider Farms and lumatek.
Any recommendations of the three

2 Likes

The first 2 lots of people here them. They seem to prefer the mars over spider farmer. What size grow? And what sized watt light?

1 Like

Mars Hydro FC6500 650watt.
Spider Farmer SF700 623watt
Lumatek Zeus pro led 600w
I’m getting a 5x5 grow tent to start with

1 Like

SF7000 not sf700

@PreyBird1 I’ve started new topic new topic help with led lights.
Thank you for advise on that

2 Likes

@kiwisdofly

Try this search. A ton of info.

1 Like

Welcome @thesadbadgrower. I’ve just joined also, I’m looking for LED lighting help as been an outdoor grower, I’m still trying to navigate my way around also.
Good luck with everything and happy growing

1 Like

@PreyBird1 I had a quick look in there and just got more confused lol.
I’ve seen a few grow rooms here in the village and they all look amazing and they all using led, hps & cmh hence why I’m confused.
But led is cheaper by far, I’ve been watching YouTube growers and one will say this ones best and so forth so I guess it will be a learning experience

1 Like

Why not buy a kit light and make it? Just remember your trying to re-create the sun inside. So do not cheap out on it. Its the biggest factor in a grow. I like to save money also but not in this area.

2 Likes

What make the light myself ?
The spider farms is £1099 they are all about same price.
I’ve just been reading about the HLG 650R and people are saying that’s like having the sun in your tent.
What are you using

1 Like

I don’t mind what they cost, just don’t wanna buying some overpriced light that’s not really worth the asking price.

1 Like

I build my lights.

I have 20 different QB’s. My favorite one is this 680 watts full spec with ir.

2 Likes

Man lights are fun. Just get what works for your budget and if you dont want to make your own get a mars hydro hopefully its dimmable. I always have more light than i need then i dimm it down. One the best features on lights

2 Likes

Personally I’ve been using a fluence ray 44 and compared to fellow growers lights it really has shined! I would recommend anything from fluence bioengineering. And I haven’t tried any from bios lighting but would definitely recommend. Mainly from what I’ve learned is if the light has a spectrum chart showing what kind of light it will be putting out you are going to be just fine. If they do not have a chart for the spectrum or ppfd then it’s going to be trash :man_shrugging: just personal experience. Even a 65 watt spotlight with a grow spectrum from Walmart or home depot has worked for me.

Good luck growing and welcome

1 Like