Nutrient deficiency - Outdoor plant yellowing

This is my second time growing (outdoor in the ground). I was extremely surprised at the growth having not really done well the previous year in container but I learned alot. Anyways, while all seems well, I have one plant that is not as green as the others. There’s a bit of yellowing overall - stalk, branch. I topped it a while back and it exploded with new growth (pretty awesome to see) and pruning through the growth, now it’s in about the 3rd week of flowering and i’ve swithched to Dutchscience Bloom and Cal Mag about a week ago.
My question is: Could the amount of bud growth require more nutrients and perhaps it’s not getting enough thereby yellowing? Can it rebound?DurbanP

Keeping an eye on that one but if it gets any worse, going to have to harvest it earlier, but I would like to find/learn/apply a fix if there is one. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum! Pictures would go a long way in getting help here. Oh! You just added pics! Yay! Either that or they loaded REALLY slow on my end. Anyway, welcome!!

2 Likes

Hi @purpled

Welcome to GN and well done on getting your pictures loaded. Have you given your plants any nutrients? Plants tend to use nitrogen up in the vegetative and flowering stages and therefore go yellow when lacking available nitrogen! You could maybe just need some nutrients for your plants? How far are they into flower?

2 Likes

Hi chrisj,
Thanks! They’re currently into about the 3rd week. Been feeding them throughout and switched to the bloom nutrient about a week and a half after the first signs. Just added the cal mag a week ago but only two feeding so far with it. Feeding twice a week. What could i add to improve the nitrogen level? Would a blood meal feed help?

3 Likes

If it is 3rd week into flower and you have already switched to a bloom, the plant is just going through natural progression of yellowing. Its nothing to worry about. Just carry on and you will have a good harvest very soon.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you for your insight.