Nutrients help

Okay so a friend of mine is just starting growing as well and I don’t know enough information to help him. Okay so I ordered some micro grow bloom set up from advanced and gave him some as to he had nit given it nutrients at all basically after it used what was in the soil it was on its own. Seems slightly stunted but not bad after 3 months veg 18/6 to a 12/12. he put in not even 1/4 of what the bottle suggests per litre into a gallon of distilled water to introduce it at a low level. He has just started flower. Anyway the next day noticed burns on some of the fan leaves. Is it simply too late to introduce the plant to nutrients? Any input would greatly be appreciated he is older and just got introduced to growing “always just smoked the stuff” his words. Cheers

4 Likes

It may be that its till too strong since the plant has never had it. The damage is done it could be flushed a little but really we need pics to see whats going on.

4 Likes

Let me see if I have one of it.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Any pics of the growth at the top?
Edit: Trying to gauge damage and how bad its burned.

1 Like

4 Likes

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Let me know what you think man. Appreciate your time.

2 Likes

If that picture is three months in veg, you have a whole lot going wrong; surprised it is still alive. that looks like a styrofoam cup in the 16 t0 20 oz size, and the plant is ultra small for that age. My best guess is that it is terribly root bound. take it out of that cup, and transplant it…put it into a decent sized container and then give it some inoculants to help the roots out. Let it get acclimated to the new soil and pot, and when it starts to grow give it at lease half strength nutes. And then go ahead and flower it out, after you get it about 6 " taller you have a lot of time invested in not to much of a plant. You should be in at least a gallon of soil. It doesn’t look like it has really started flowering yet so just put the light back to 18/6. That’s my humble thoughts

Marty

4 Likes

I told him he should’ve transplanted like 3 weeks into veg.(is that correct depending on strain?) it is now in 5 gallon picture must be deceiving, roots seemed fine nice color was there when he transplanted however he did wait way too long to transplant. I told him that is mainly what stunted her growth on top of nit feeding the poor thing. He doesn’t seem to want to go the tent route. Told him it’s a art and a science man… these cold winters you got to have a tent and controlled area. I said the same about it being alive awhile ago before having him transplant. I was surprised the roots were not bound to hell but honestly didn’t seem bad. He’s from the time where you put it in the ground and let it do its own thing lol.

Making phone call now to have him switch back as I know 730ish was bed time. Thanks for yalls input. I’ll personally be starting some Gelato autos soon and will have some questions I’m sure.

2 Likes

Holy crap man. Sorry i was in my grow moving around 75 plants and feeding. But man do everything @sssportsmfg said. Im late to this conversation. Does he water to run off? And it could be worse looks the birn is minor for now and there’s a good chance it will have more vigor when its transplanted again.

4 Likes

Duty calls brother. So I went over and made sure his timer was set correct and what not. Even before I left it seemed to be perking up a little bit at the two newest leaves on top he had transplanted not too far back it’s now in 5 gallon bucket(pictures must be deceiving) I’ll also add he isn’t using very nice lights. Just some full spectrums from walmart. Putting that into consideration how far would you keep a bulb like that from the plant without burning? He has watered till run off since transplant. He isn’t expecting the world’s biggest yield just wants to see her finish. I’m like bro you should’ve reached out sooner. I would’ve found a fourm with some helpful people. So thank you everyone that has put in some input.

4 Likes

Also @sssportsmfg you mentioned those inoculants is that something you could just top feed or do you mix that with water or what. Not familiar with how that works.

2 Likes

Lol well ok it looked like a tiny plant in a tiny cup the way the photo was taken. Glad to hear it is perking up. But still gotta ask why in the world would he plant it right on the side of the bucket? Should be in the middle. And he is growing under an old style what we refer to as blurple. For the most part those can be kept fairly close, move it down so the back of your hand just feels warm not hot held at the same level as the top of the plant then move it up as it grows to the light. You only get out what you put into it, if you grow it with a lackadaisical attitude it won’t do much. With GMB you should water it at about 2ml per quart of water or 8ml a gallon. Try to use rain water without chlorine in it. Best of luck

Marty

5 Likes

Alright I went back to help with lights/talk to him to find out more info if I could so apparently he potted this thing deeper then it originally was so add about 2 inches roughly… Not sure why. Also he lost some fan leaves on bottom so he removed them and the budsite all together Then add run off for flush was just over 7. 7.1 to be exact. Also just want to add he was attempting some lst and not very well dont think he put the plant high enough in bucket with its height to be attempting lst anyway plus size wasnt really an issue for him so i ask if he cared to take that off and let it grow… we could always get clips later on if needee but hes working with a almost 9 ft ceiling anyway I’m trying to save this girl for him. Straightening it back out now letting the light do its work with just a few supports. @sssportsmfg it definitely isn’t quite off to the side check out below pictures. Sorry for this nightmare just trying to help an older friend out and wasn’t quite sure how to handle it. Much love.

Also @sssportsmfg does this seem too low? Fan blowing right at bucket honestly couldn’t feel much heat coming off of that light like I’ve seen others.

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 feel free to chip in brother. Think this was right call? I dropped his light about 3 inches from where it was.

2 Likes

If you put your hand under the light and your hand isnt being burned and its comfortable. Then the plant will be comfortable also. Some of those cheap lights are no good. And suck bad enough you can get the light low.
We all have to remember THIS NEXT PART!

1. We are trying recreate the SUN in a tent/closet.
  2. Cheap Does NOT work. Do we have a cheap SUN NO!
    Get the light lower where its close but comfortable. Not ragging on your friend but those lights are no good. And before you pick out and buy the lights show us what you liked and we will help look at it and see if its a good light.

Edit: question does that bucket have drain holes?

5 Likes

I said the same personally I’ve been checking out kind leds seem on the more pricey side but lots of good input on those online from what I’ve read but also I have not tackled too far into that obstacle yet. I have a vivosun kit on the way was going to give that light a go before I spend up to 500 dollars on another light. Any input on those? If I upgrade after first grow probably would then let him use that vivosun one and set him up a little bit better of a spot. Even putting on tin foil on the walls would help with reflection don’t you think? Been reading you want more red in flower and those kind leds have veg and flower modes that do well as I’ve read anywho.

2 Likes

It does have plenty of drainage.

1 Like

Finally getting it to take shape again idk what his plan was with the lst he was doing needless to say hope this will help not stress the plant out as much. Will get some inoculants on the way and I’m looking into a better light for him does anyone have any input on the vivosun lights they sell in the tent kits? Are they any good or should I be looking for upgrade right away and let him have that one. Has to be better then that walmart light he has! Here are a few pictures hope I can help him save it seems to be starting to perk up even after that disastrous lst and starving her/nut burn when he finally introduced with small amount. My guess too soon on the soil he used for transplant.

Cheers.

4 Likes