Nz outdoor

Hi there I really enjoy cannabis. This forum is great to be part of and I would really love to work in the medical cannabis industry. Since I have the nz badge I thought I better put my pics here to.

This is my 31st year growing and I must say I have been very lucky with random cultivars each year. This year I have 2x local seed breed continuously for over 15 years. I have a gorilla glue, a white rhino and something called mobster which is insane, but has low terpene content with insane solid flowers and many laterals. Maybe commercial ? It’s been a tough year with clones dying and regular seeds reverting after sexing…usually these would easily be double in size …so will have to hope for a long hot summer.

21 Likes

Hi @tubular. Welcome to GN and great to see some of the pictures you shared.

This year I have 2x local seed breed continuously for over 15 years. I have a gorilla glue, a white rhino

That sounds and looks very nice. Are you going into flower season outdoors now?

3 Likes

Hi chrisj I hope we get a few more weeks of veg before flower but the longest day has been so probably coming on now. I think doing some clones now with six weeks veg and back outdoors would be perfect but I havnt got that set up…yet🍭

5 Likes

Welcome. That one shot with the beach behind you is amazing!

6 Likes

Ha Ha thanks but it must be trickery of the eye/ camera. I live in the hills 200m above sea level but only 5km from the beach.
I will take more photos as they progress.

3 Likes

U sure thats not water behind all that greenery. Sure looks it to me also.

10 Likes

Nah I just crouching down, that’s wind netting as I live in a high wind zone.
plants are between 80-100cm at moment and I am just about to start LST for wind and weight resilience.
Looking south towards the southern ocean though…I would love to live that close to the ocean to grow true OG flowers.
glad the pic got some attention, I like taking photos and seem to have a good eye - never had a decent camera but.

4 Likes

Its so hard to find good genetics here, your a lucky bugger

3 Likes

I live on an island brah. You took this at the beach. :laughing:
House on the left behind her.

3 Likes

@Homey. Not my pic the guys whos thread this is. Says not water in the back tho its wind something or some shit idk. Im just picturing it as water and its a pretty sweet pic

3 Likes

Actually, it looks like a volleyball net. LOL

1 Like

yes, I definitely live on an island.

2 Likes

haha, nice I totally agree.

1 Like

Welcome @tubular im a felloW NZ. From Tokoroa.

2 Likes

HA! You got me! The first one I wasn’t paying attention. The second one is after a nice hit of Mind Medicine. But I would still call Oahu an island. LOL

2 Likes

yes NZ has been blessed with robust strains alright. Lots of THC high strains.
Medicinal has been approved recently so a lot of outdoor hemp cultivars are being planted which may have detrimental effects with pollen interactions?
Where in the world are you?
to not have some good strains around sounds hard alright.

2 Likes

oh yeah Hawaii sounds amazing. I read a story years ago of a guerrilla grower there that changed the way i grew and enhanced my success amazingly.
Is mind medicine a strain?

2 Likes

No, Mind Medicine is what I call any good sativa that can calm my mental machinery.

I know guys that had 100 acres planted on the side of the volcano back in the day. Now even with medical being legal, nobody talks about anything.

3 Likes

Oh Choice I thought you were overseas for sure @PreyBird1 …thats cool thanks.
This is a good forum.
I found it while scouring the web for cannabis info. and groups doing a post-graduate paper on Medicinal Cannabis Nz/Aotearoa 2020 through AUT university. Their research partner was Zeacann.

2 Likes

Mmmmm sweet and fruity sativa…
Yes its going that way here, which is such a bummer as up until early millennium I believe it has been a very social natural experience with a remarkedly safe effect.

2 Likes