Oaksterdam University...is it worth it?

It’s a couple online courses an certifications. THC university was one of websites that offer many things. I know on the east coast they’re offering for 3hr dispensary agent classes with cert. Also online webinar classes. I want to know how the community feels about this?? I sense there are a few shortcuts being made with quick training!?

2 Likes

How’s that mammoth working for you???

Got me thinking, who the hell has my breeders bible. I refuse to loan books out anymore. Its hard, but often they are never returned. And I do take pride in my books. I was going through my uncles bookcase once and came across my signed copy of Mr Nice which was “lost” for 4 years. Another book I am trying to get back is a signed copy of Ice Wars from Jo Pietri. I love books but sadly no more loaning out.

3 Likes

I totally agree with certification, even if they are taking shortcuts. What it shows to an employer is that you are serious about your career. Although I agree with @scotty17, a botany degree is going to separate the semi-pro’s with the professionals. After all weed is a plant. But any education is a good step in the right direction. Dont get me wrong, hands on practical experience is probably the best training and life experience, but degrees get you the beans/salary.

4 Likes

I miss Jorge Cervantes Bible… I loaned it out a year ago… The thing about it is you may specialize in cannabis but big companies are looking for degrees

2 Likes

That is my go to book and one of the oldest. Sits behind my desk on top of the fireplace that is never used. Used to be part of a community library I was running about 10 years ago. Really great book, but the later versions only get better.

6 Likes

I noticed a huge difference in nutrient uptake this run with Mammoth P , I ran my Gavita 1650 e LeD at 100% Intensity on my dimmer Master controller.Great for light hungry plants,I’m probably gonna start using Mammoth p on the regular even tho it’s pretty tax but worth it .

2 Likes

True but some of never got the opportunity or experience to get a college education for cannabis. We started from the black market it started behind closed doors, when people wasn’t interested in cannabis. Now since it’s becoming a social idea to expand colleges are offering courses an technology to break down the plant. I feel like the real ones who sacrificed an actually caught cases should be the first to have that college or certification. Not the ones who started with a certain major then change it because they sense a green rush

1 Like

dope i notice mammoth has different varieties of growth for plants

2 Likes

I love to garden and have done it since a child. But i must say once i really learned about the plant its amazing. I had no idea back in 1997 when i was 17 what i was doing in my friends yard and basement was so very cool. On a much more grand scale.

1 Like

You never too old to get certified or get a degree. I am all for the outlaws, riff raffs and truly believe there will always be a black market. I do feel for the guys that broke their backs for the movement, but if you wanna ride the wave you have to swim. I think if you major in botany you will have a headstart career if that is your intention.

4 Likes

Thanks Rasta much appreciated. Plant science and Botany courses are expensive especially in delaware only UD offers those courses but fuck it lmao it’s only student loan debt lol :sweat_smile::sob:.

2 Likes

Get a credit card and pay it off slow

2 Likes

Student loans aren’t like credit cards… They don’t have interest rates… As long as you pay something each month they cant do anything… Shit pay 1$ a month… Just like if you get seriously injured with no health insurance and you get a bill for 50k… As long as you pay something each month they cant do shit

2 Likes

At the end of the day Anyone could say Ive grown for 15-20 -30 years + I am experienced master grower . And there could be another guy who’s only grown for three years who has a certification who has references that can verify him other than people he knows personally .

Look at it from a business owners perspective .
looking to hire someone.

who do I wanna hire the guy who claims he’s grown for 20 years ?
or somebody that has a certificate that Has references at a university that can back him on that instead of friends and family .

Who do I want to take a chance on and invest my money ?

2 Likes

Precisely. I think also to an employer a certification will show a potential employee is willing to go the extra mile to learn, can work in a team and willing to focus. Alot of people who get degrees and dont even work in the industry they are qualified for. A good example is engineers.

2 Likes

Exactly!!!

1 Like

I appreciate the honesty team!! Very solid on the Gnetwork

1 Like