Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Oaksterdam University...is it worth it?

I was looking at the horticulture program they offer. Has anyone benefited as far as helping get into the industry with this? Or should I go a different route?
@macgyver_stoner you may know who could help if you cant.

3 Likes

That is something I can look into tomorrow when I get into the office.

4 Likes

honestly i think it’s worth it. Any hands on learning about cannabis culture is always a plus. Especially from Oaksterdam, I’ve always wanted to attend but me living on the east coast, makes it difficult. If you have the opportunity take it learn as much as you can.

3 Likes

Well, I live in Oklahoma so it would be online courses for me. I more the less want to know if it helps getting your foot in the door somewhere or if it’s just better to go on without it. Its 1200.00 to take it so its actually pretty cheap. That’s what makes me wonder if it’s something an employer or business would find “attractive” so to speak

3 Likes

They don’t have a choice honestly. In my own opinion. I told myself the same thing. I believe going to a cannabis college should be noticed. The cannabis industry is operated by money hungry people (Not everybody) who don’t even care about cannabis or helping. They just see a gold rush. Me personally cannabis isn’t offered in college as a course cannabis started off as a hobby. many people taught themselves or learned from experts(black Market). They take jobs away from us because we are passionate about our art. instead they hire college kids with clean records who don’t know anything about cannabis/Extracts because they where taught to learn other plant species. So learning in a actual place like oaksterdam makes you valuable

4 Likes

Here in Canada the industry is looking for ppl with hands on experience and say they won’t hold old charges against you . But I think the realize to get experience they have to .

5 Likes