Odd shaped/Deformed leaves

Hi I’m new to growing and my first plant (northern lights) seems to be growing great but I have a few leaves that are deformed or have only sprouted 3 leaves instead of the 5 is this something I should be worried about? Or is this a normal occurance? I have attached a pic of one of the leaves and another of my plant overall

1 Like

Very normal. Welcom3 to the growers network. Have fun. Very exciting to see your grow. Congrats.

1 Like

I’m new also but they look normal to me! @silverskittle looking great can’t wait to see how it turns out!!! Is it an auto, fem, reg? All in all it’s a nice starter strain.

It’s an auto fem from sensi seeds I wanted to keep it nice and easy for my first attempt

As she gets older, the leaves will grow more fingers.

@Slym3r thanks she’s been my little baby the last few weeks so thought I had best check she’s fine from some people with more experience :joy::grin:

She’s growing nicely. I think you should top it though.

OK this may be a dumb question @lacombe82 but what do you mean top it?

1 Like

Never a dumb question. It’s where you cut the top off so it will grow two new “tops” so two colas. That’s just my way of saying what it is here is a better way to look at it.

@lacombe82 thanks that was really helpful and I think i get what it means… So the plant will still grow in height and width but won’t develop new nodes above where you cut instead it redirects its energy to existing ones also here’s the best side view of the nodes I could get

1 Like

It will still grow in high I will just add one more main shoot. So instead of the one top you will have two tops. I just topped mine for the first time so they are still small but here look. This is what will happen. image image image image

1 Like

I like that I’ll give her a “haircut” now thanks for your help @lacombe82

1 Like