Odor control?

So i wonder what others are using to control grow room odors! It’s not a safe state here and ODOR control is a huge priority! So i use a carbon filter then an ozone generator and this combination works great for a 4x4 area with a 450cfm fan. But when you start getting a little bit bigger then what. Ona block eeww. Or aerocide systems? Well i just got the biggest model that big blue makes the 12" 5 bulb. I like them enough i havr 3x smaller 6" ones i already use.

The 12" BIG BLUE is designed for big, tough jobs. 5 individually controlled bulbs. Ozone output of nearly 4000 mg/hr. Accommodates up to a 1200 cfm fan. The 5 bulb BIG BLUE can decontaminate a room 50’ x 40’ x 10’ in one hour.

The BIG BLUE UV ozone generator is an industrial unit, purpose-built to meet the unique demands of a greenhouse/grow room environment, and for decontaminating interior spaces.

The BIG BLUE has the largest UV bulb in its class. This equates to more ozone produced and more surface area for air to come in contact with the germicidal UV light. BIG BLUE generators are engineered to fit standard ducting from 4" to 12" (depending on the model).

BIG BLUE ozone generators can easily be attached to the intake or exhaust side of an in-line fan with duct clamps. A 12" BIG BLUE will connect to a 12" in-line fan, but if you wanted to use your 12" BIG BLUE with a 10" fan you would simply incorporate a duct reducer (in this case, a 12" x 10"n reducer). BIG BLUE ozone generators work perfectly with all brands of in-line fans (Can-Fan, Hurricane, etc.)

I like my 6" ducting so i just used 2x 12" to 6" reducers.

Zap in a couple self tapping screws.

Tape the suckers up!

I went for an easy hanging solution since i alredy had ducting in place from the existing exhaust. I simply just used a 1/4" hook and a couple hanging ratchets they hold 75lbs each and the hook is rated at 125lb. So it was a quick hang the unit and cut the tubing in the right spot and then slipping the ducting on is the crappy part. But ive done many of them before so i got it down and having the unit on ratchets made it easy to put it under my arm and hold it while i slipped the tubing on. tip put the clamp on the tubing before attempting to put it on the flanges , its just faster. you can also unscrew the clamp completely and slip it around the tube and the thread it back together but thats slower.

8 Likes

Hi @PreyBird1

Luckily not in your situation with laws or nosey neighbours, I have used carbon filters in the past and an undustrial sized ozone generator which worked. Funny enough using two carbon filters that I would like to remove of our clone chamber, waste of resources really. Was looking at growershouse.com options and found some nice equipment, entry level below and an ozone generator below that. Lots of options.

5 Likes

I remember when you were recovering from your surgeries and you couldn’t do much of anything. Now look at you! Happy for you, @PreyBird1 :guitar:

8 Likes

Second that notion

4 Likes

I’ve never her of that big blue ? Thing looks bad ass

3 Likes

They work well and cost the same to run as a light bulb.

3 Likes

I take a tote and i use my large adjustable hole saw and lay the filter inside the tote to line up the hole for the filter. Then i use the 6" cirle as a template to drill the other tote and holes.
Once the holes are cut i slide the filter inside the hole and use self tapping tek screws to anchor the tote to the filter.

On the opposite side i use a 6 inch duct connector that has a foam adhesive pad added to it and i use tek screws to hold the collar on the the tote.

You need two totes. And im using totes because i wanted bigger filters and 5 gallon buckets wont hold them properly so i went bigger.

It doesnt really matter which way you make the totes openings.
This pic shows the main entry of the air from 3 tents.

So the duct against the wall goes into the top tote first just because of available ducting on hand. But it feeds into here.

Then it goes through the side of the tote and down to the lower tote.

Then after the last chamber/tote it goes into the ozone generator.

The silver tube is the one we looking at.

After the ozone generator it goes up the chiminey.

Then out up on the roof.

I spent a lot of time figuring out smell and lots of money. What im using works.

5 Likes

Thats a wicked system bro something you definitely need

5 Likes

Well now i know lol

5 Likes

Here is how i set up the other tents.

inside the tent.

the vent looks weird ay the fan because this is where i could find ceiling joist to anchor the fan mounting bracket. Then the fan just snaps into the bracket easily!.

This tent i have the filter inside then i have 16’ of tube ontop of the tent in a “s” shape so the ozone generator and the air mix better and it give the ozone time to scrub the air.

4 Likes

Man that sucks… or blows. One of the two lolol

4 Likes

Hey i have no odor and my stress level is like 80% less. I mean nothing like pulling up to the grow and smelling a pot farm half a block away depending on what way the wind is blowing. Even after thousands of dollars in odor mitigation/eliminated.

4 Likes

Id be sitting outside and the elderly bicyclists would be eyeballing the building from 100 ft away. I could hear them saying “you smell that?”

3 Likes

Yeah my grow op is right in there back yard man. Kids and families and dog walkers oh my! Scary shit man! Post office guy goes by everyday! Lots of nosy folks man all it takes is one and your done! I strive to control odors because its essential to my freedom.

3 Likes

Yeah…not to be an ass…but I remember those days lol. Now I just blow it out the window, you can hardly drive a block with the windows down and NOT smell pot growing now since they legalized medical grows. The law does however say if it offends your neighbors, you have to mitigate it. I just blow it into the basement now.

Marty

4 Likes

You better be ! Mrs Bird needs you out here with us!

3 Likes

Id be like “wanna pie?” Lol

4 Likes