OG KUSH FEM - Almost Ready For Harvest and SEEDS

Hello All,

I am into the final weeks of my OG Kush Fem grow and today I decided to take a small sample nugget to check how they were coming along. I found seeds in the bud and upon checking further I found seeds everywhere in the buds.

I read that this can happen in times of stress for the plant or maybe they were hermies. Room conditions where kept in check and they never showed any type of nutrient issues. I also never saw any indications of male characteristics during the weeks leading up to now.

The buds are getting fatter by the day and trichomes are starting to turn cloudy so lots of frost showing. But SEEDS. What the heck…how could this happen? Only plants in the room are OG Kush Feminized.

This is my 3rd run so I wanted to try another strain that I heard great things about. My previous successes were with White Widow Fem and Wonder Woman Fem. No issues at all and each produced awesome bud.

I run hydroponics with General Hydroponics Flora Trio as my base nutrients and add Cal Mag/Flora Nectar/Floralicious Plus/Hydroguard. All following recommended schedule and ratios. Lighting is 1500w LEDs. PH is kept at 6.0’ish.

Did I miss something or possibly issues with genetics. I am stumped right now as well as very disappointed.

4 Likes

Sound like you may have had a hermie go unnoticed. All it takes is one nanner to pop out and spread the love around. Just recently had to chop one of mine that started to herm out of nowhere. Luckily I caught it before any damage was done to the others.

4 Likes

Hmmmmm that sucks Oz no one likes buds full of seeds. Sure sounds like she wasn’t happy about something or like spade said could of been pollinated. Get some pics up so we can see how far in she is and what she looks like. Is it just the one plant. What is perplexing is that you had solid runs last 2 grows. That part is the stumper. Light leaks in the grow room are the culprit more times then not but you had no herms last grow, slight chance the ww last go was more resilient maybe. After lights go off today roll yourselves a joint and sit inside the room for at least 5 minutes and scope it out for any light protruding in. Some others will surely comment that might have some different insight. But for now some pics would help to rule out some possibilities. Are the seeds dark and mature, every bud top n bottom, never had males before in the room?? Just some thoughts thinking out loud.
I know the circumstances stink but nice to meet you none the less. I usually say welcom to GN but I see you been on since last year. I hope things work out and how was the bud regardless?

1 Like

Don’t tell me it was zkittles? :roll_eyes:
Environmental issues to me is #1
Not a hydro guy but most I know runs ph in the 5 something range… If everything is spot on environmental wise no light leaks then I call it genetics… Hard to say with out more info and some pics… :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

2 Likes

No, it was an original glue. Probably the last time I will grow it since I now have GG4 to replace it with.

2 Likes

Gg4 is fire just harvested some

3 Likes

Hey all…thanks for the replies. I have only 4 OG KUSH FEMS going right now all in the same stage of growth. I will double check for light leaks and honestly if a hermie did sprout up i am sure I didn’t notice as I was growing under the assumption there will be only females . Just a rookie move I guess.

I was reading over my journals for this grow and compared to my previous ones that had no issues and almost mirror grows except for a few equipment upgrades. I check several of the buds in the middle of each and seeds are there also.

Some if the seeds i pulled out

3 Likes

Here a few pics …I removed some of the flower to get a look inside

5 Likes

Looks good bruh! :ok_hand:

1 Like

My next million dollar question would be. WHAT’S NEXT? Are these now worth taking thru to the end which is just another week or so. I had planned to start flush soon. They smell amazing and Trichomes are starting to cloud over.

2 Likes

Absolutely finish them out! The damage is done, now it’s just making the best of a bad situation. Only issue will be is you will have to pick out seeds. The seed production only has a slight impact on the potency and quality of the bud from what I have been told.

1 Like

that looks like it’s going to be finger licking good to me,…seeds or not. I couldn’t see any male flowers in those buds, but I’m guessing they died off a while back.

1 Like

Great. I will continue to let them run thru to the end. Almost there…I will start the flush soon towards the finish line.

I have read that the seeds are a gamble when it come to them being female or male/hermies. What are your thoughts on that?

I don’t mind picking seeds out of my bud. Takes me back many many years when $10.00 still got you a Dime bag and the bag had half seeds and stems. Good ole days.

Thanks All!

1 Like

Nice seeds bro!

1 Like

How far along are they now…looks pretty close and w the seeds already mature like that???

1 Like