Oklahoma Grower Happy To Be Here

Hello everyone! I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to this awesome network! My name is Matt and I come from the newly legal state of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! I found out about Grower’s Network through the Canna Cribs program on YouTube! I’m excited to pick everyone’s brains about all aspects of the cannabis industry as well as network with people from Oklahoma or other legal states.

For years I have been preparing to get into this industry, which is why I went to college at Oklahoma State University to study Horticulture. I have been working on my first indoor medical grow for the last few months, which has really shown me how much love I have for the plant itself.

My overall goal is to network and find a good company to work for or make my own way in the biz eventually.

If anyone in OK wants to reach out and get to know one another, I am very friendly and eager to be an expert of my craft!

10 Likes

Welcome @okie_growkie
Oklahoma is killin’ it with new Hemp Licenses - OKlahoma may need to change the words to the song “Oklahoma” from:

…(sic) Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin’ down the plain,
And the wavin’ wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain.
to:
:notes:OOOOOOklahoma…where the HEMP comes sweeping down the plains… :musical_note:

Good Luck!!

2 Likes

Oh yea, it’s really booming over here! I’m so happy to finally get to pursue my passion without having to move states! Finding a job in the industry is super competitive right now, but I’m hoping once my first grow is complete I will have proven my skill level.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

2 Likes

Hello Matt, good to see a fellow Okie!!! There sure has been some huge changes around here in the last year!!! Good luck with your crop

3 Likes

Also in OK on the other end of the state but still loving the change of pace, wandering into random dispensaries and getting to know the people before I sell them my products… its alot more fun than my previous career. :slight_smile: Good luck and I hope you find success.

2 Likes

Welcome Matt, i dwell in OK myself. Glad to see you hjere.

Eric

2 Likes

Sorry for the typo

1 Like

Welcome friend ,we will all be lucky to have some more educated persons to chew the cud with so to speak . Pull up a chair folks we will have much to talk about I’m sure. Tks for coming over to the family farm :wink:

2 Likes

I am from Oklahoma as well. My self and my brother specialize in light deprivation and automation of grow houses. I’ve been doing automation for over 25 years. We can automate as little or as much as you would like as well as custom built greenhouses of any size to suit your needs. Please feel free to reach out with any questions no matter how big or small.

1 Like

The okie grow room! Lol How you liking this rainy nastiness? Lol

Luckily I’m inside however I’ve got to say not something I enjoy lol. I guess it comes with the territory though been here about my whole life so I obviously can’t complain :joy:. How are you #Slym3r

1 Like

I’m aok. Rocking this weird okla weather. Im a contractor. I gotta rain,sleet or snow it. Lol.

Glad your inside. How’s your garden doing against pms and buggys?

Man it appears mother nature’s hard freeze took care of the bugs for me. I however for the first time am fighting field rats/& mice of course the occasional snake. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Oh shoot. Haven’t considered those issues