OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

So I climbed back up on the kayak storage area to get some better pics of Wash’s leaves.

She’s been under here for about a month (I think). I was hoping to see more evidence of bud sites/buttons.

She got about a half gal of water and nutes today.

This plant hasn’t been outside in a few days. I brought her out to water her. She wasn’t really light enough to fully water, so I just refilled her bulb with 1 cup water and nutes since I already had mixed nutes for everyone today.

And here are the clones. One crapped out on me. Well, that’s why I cut extras.

08/18

12 Likes

But did you go kayaking? Great weather for it. I say ya roll some isk up and take her out this weekend. LoL

4 Likes

she’s gonna stay here for another week.

And I think I’ll keep her here until the little Zkittlez is harvested next week, because I want to put her in that spot in the bakery.

House Wash had a weird reaction to some nutes or something. I flushed her soil yesterday and then gave her water and nutes until runoff.

she’s looking much better today.

08/23

6 Likes

ok folks. i’m stumped. I first started noticing indications that something wasn’t right with this plant about two days ago.

I think a half dozen fan leaves just broke right off at the stem, but otherwise the color looked pretty good throughout the plant.

And yesterday I noticed this weird, gray colors on some of the leaves. It’s not as bad on all of them, I just took pictures that showed the most detail.

Here is the top of the main stem. That burn or whatever isn’t as pronounced up top.

So yesterday I ran about a gallon of water through the soil, let it drain, and then gave her water and nutes until I got runoff.

The green at the center of those burned leaves is coming back, and I’m relived to see that.

But I have no idea what the hell happened. I’m using jacks321 with each watering, the ffof in the soil has long since been depleted, it’s the same water I always use.

@LoCoRocK @mudman @bow4buck @TheMadFlascher @defnsmokn @happilyretired @happyhippy @1sttimegrower @Slym3r @ravenchief @Jimhigh66 Would any of you have an idea of what caused the leaves to fall off and those colors on the leaves?

I’ve looked at my deficiency/excess charts and I can’t see anything that looks like this.

8 Likes

Oly, I really don’t think it’s directly caused by nutrient deficiency. Your mature leaves look great and the problem looks to me like constiction in your new leaves…just a hunch on my part but take a look and see if that pot is severly rootbound…again not any desease that I am aware of would cause those symptoms…sorry can’t be of anymore help…

7 Likes

I got nothing, sorry. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I think she maybe super hungry…

4 Likes

I’m with @TheMadFlascher , dont look like a deficiency. She out side all the time? I’m just curious and not saying its the issue but…I know you have the data, what would the VPD be out there. Its supposedly and important part of any indoor grow but no control over outdoors. Even indoors I’ve seen plants more sensitive very similar issues. Just not happy…:grin: yeah just realized I should never reply when I’m this stoned. Bed time good night…

5 Likes

Honesty, I have no idea. My best guess is, like Robert said, root issues. Im thinking either PH is going wonky or your roots are not happy about something….

It seems that new root growth tips have found something they they disagree with?

3 Likes

have u heard of this group of growers who are called Mephheads they grow these autos from this company

1 Like

I have not ever seen anything quite like that - If this happened to me I would do what you did, but I include a little calcium carbonate in my therapy flushes (I learned it from when I was using the Nectar for the Gods line of nutes) - the calcium helps unlock and reset the rootzone by binding to the nutes in the flush -
If you have been losing leaves I might think about a transplant to look at the roots and give some fresh media - and go from there…

4 Likes

Did you say house wash like you sprayed the walls to clean the house outside and got shit on the plant??? I just can’t picture you of all ppl NOT moving your plants so I had to of misread that? If so you already know the answer and you already flushed… if it was that horrible and she’s isn’t flowering an up pot is always my answer…lol

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I need to be more careful with my words. All of these plants are clones of a plant I named “Wash”. The plant in the white planter is a houseplant, so I call it House Wash.

I’m not sure what the problem was. Even if flushing the soil wasn’t part of the solution, the plant still looks better. The leaves aren’t falling off anymore. And not all of the plant looked that bad. I just took pics that showed the best/worst damage.

And the green is coming back in the leaves with the discoloration.

Thank you all for looking!

4 Likes

Very strange. It’s only on the brand new growth?

2 Likes

Yup1234567

2 Likes

Welcoming the sun this morning.

08/24

9 Likes

So I don’t know what happened to the leaves on this plant.

But look at all that green that the new growth is showing!

Here’s the top of the plant.

And in a week, we won’t even be able to tell something happened.

You know what’s funny though? I asked here and on ILGM and nobody had ever seen leaves do that before and the possible causes were just all over the spectrum. I think the plant was hit by a atmospheric neutrino, causing some one-off leaf weirdness and giving this plant super powers.

@TheMadFlascher @happilyretired @Slym3r @bow4buck @defnsmokn @LasVegas7 @ravenchief @LoCoRocK @mudman @repins12 @1sttimegrower

15 Likes

That works for me. :grin:

7 Likes

@olyboy my daughter recommends doing a Google reverse search and uploading the picture into it. To Do the reverse search. Google reverse search when it pops up add the picture

4 Likes

that’s cool. i’m doing that now!

6 Likes