OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Last July I took a clone off one of my outdoor plants. I stuck it in some dirt and placed in on my counter. I watered it occasionally over the past few months. Here’s where we are now.

So I filled up a 3-gal fabric pot with 50% FFOF, 20% perlite, and 30% Sunshine #4.

I sprinkled mykos in the hole the pot made. And I also put some on the root ball.

For those of you that remember Wash, this is Ray (2.1.1).

She’ll be fed Jacks321 when the FFOF nutes starts to crap out (probably ~3 weeks). She has been outside a whole bunch over the past few weeks, she’ll be 100% outside in a few weeks more. I’ll probably flip her around the end of May.

She’s an unknown strain. The leaves of her the other clones turned a dark purple, almost black. The flowers smelled like Costco/generic fruit snacks. I’m hoping to get that again (fingers crossed).

When she’s 100% outside, she’ll also be getting pond muck as a booster.

03/23

20 Likes

Add silica for your stalks. They will get much bigger and hold the plant better

7 Likes

Perlite contains silica. It just needed the up-pot and now some breeze :+1::+1:

5 Likes

I was also thinking of watering with Mag while waiting to start the Jack321. See if it’ll help the stalks get swole.

6 Likes

As long as the ph is fine a little mag shouldn’t hurt :+1:

4 Likes

Kev, I have a pic from last year’s grow for you.

How do you like those tomatoes? lol!

19 Likes

Love it bro! Grow them 'maters!

6 Likes

Now I’m going to have to find my box of tomatoflage. I used to be real paranoids of my neighbors seeing my plants. As it turns out, no one gives a crap. No one can see anything anyway.

8 Likes

Looks good brother :+1:. Can’t wait to see what you do with this one.

2 Likes

Just don’t set her where the street light is :sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::grin::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I think it’s call “weed” because it is so resilient! Have resurected many a "dead " plant.

5 Likes

She’ll sit here until I can put her outside.

7 Likes

Let’s see how these angle things will work.

03/25

6 Likes

Already seeing new growth.

And I think the right-angle bender might be too heavy for the plant at this stage. So I went back to using a binder clip and a pipe cleaner for now.

03/27

6 Likes

03/29

7 Likes

Looks good

2 Likes

Thank you. Once her stringy little arms get bigger, I’ll train them to lie down also.

4 Likes

I think I accidentally over watered. She looks sad. Maybe it’s transplant shock.

03/30

3 Likes

She get hardened off? She might just need sunglasses :dark_sunglasses: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s possible. She has been outside a couple of times. But not this many days in a row and not for this long of a time.

4 Likes