OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Monkey Cake

04/11

12 Likes

@TheMadFlascher Hey, Bob! So I’ve been watching this thing over the past two weeks that’s been living in a jar on my counter. Do you think adding a tablespoon of water or something would help it? Should I give it fresh air or anything?

It’s dusty as hell with black spores (?) so I haven’t opened it since putting it in there.

@LoCoRocK This thing is still gross lol The kids hate it so it’s staying :rofl:

14 Likes

Can’t be bad.

7 Likes

With a name like Monkey, it has to be good.

5 Likes

Top is blueberry yum yum bottom is Mendocino mike.

15 Likes

Hey Oly !
To answer your questions, yes and yes!
It always grows on surface organic matter so it definitely needs air (oxygen)!
If you wanted to try and propagate it for the kids, you might take some fresh straw, wet it pretty well with a spray bottle, and scrape the surface of your beast to inoculate it with the spores!
In fact I might even add a weak nitrogen solution to your spray bottle before wetting the fresh straw…that oughta get the ugly excited!!! (It needs moisture to feed and replicate so you may have to keep it from drying out!)
Hope you can find some imaginative ways to terrorize the kids!!!
Use it to your advantage!!!

10 Likes

The seedlings all got there first hit of Jacks321 yesterday.

It looks like the little monkey cake topped itself!

Clones in Sohum.

04/13

11 Likes

This bullshit can stop now. :joy:

15 Likes

I got 3" of snow 2 days ago here! 28°

7 Likes

That is a first O… Never seen snow on a pot plant before. You keep that cold white shit up north man. Snow in April - no bueno! Monkey cake for the win, Is that Mr. Monkeys strain or just a coincidence, no relation?

5 Likes

Note to self: Don’t be in a f*ing hurry this year. We haven’t even gotten to June yet.

Edit: Yeah… but we’re still smoking it, ain’t we! :rofl:

8 Likes

Now that you mention it… I don’t think I have either. And there’s probably a very good reason for not leaving your cannabis out in the snow. I was not thinking too clearly this morning.

No kidding though… here she was a few hours later!

I’m no plant-ologist, but it looks like she kinda liked it.

And the Monkey Cake seedlings are the two in the top row. They’re all getting big since gettin’ Jack321’d.

That tiny Mendo Mike on the bottom has some great roots, I’m still hoping for great things above ground!
. . .
Here’s a not-great thing… I started cooking my kush :cry:

I didn’t really notice that it ‘stretched’… and I never raised the lights. oops. I think the rest of the plant looks great. kinda skinny. she did NOT like being transplanted into Sohum after having ~50% of her old coco/perlite whatever the heck it was knocked out of her roots.

I’m kinda thinking about topping her. Topping’s probably not the right word, but keeping the bottom 8 branches, cutting the top off (clone the top), give the plant a week to recover, then flip it to flower.

@Slym3r @mudman @bow4buck @MrMonkey420 @Enlightened420 @repins12 @1sttimegrower @happilyretired @LasVegas7 @chrisj

Before I even do this, What is a reasonable amount of time to plan for the plant would be recovered/stabled whatever to be flipped.

I’ve never topped like this on purpose, i don’t think.

And here is the Wash clone that I’m gonna flip the same time as the kush.

I’m keeping this one for me.

The clone that I left out in the snow this morning (for a only a little bit), the one in the very top of this long-ass post, is a clone from the same plant as this one.

But the one in the blue pot, and all the other clones in the kitchen, are going to be participants in the Johnny Appleseed project. And wanted them to be something special since they are being martyred. So Johnny Appleseed turned into Joan of Arc. I looked all over the interwebs (for like 2 min), and I couldn’t find another strain with that name, so I’M GRABBING IT FIRST

So now all of my Wash clones are Joan clones.

I heard a rumor that there might be a possibility of seeds sometime. I do have ONE seed that pulled out a Wash bud last november that still confuses the shit out of me. My one seed came from THIS plant that was harvested in July.

I have maybe a quarter zip of nugs that I bust up really carefully (before grinding) looking for another seed. (or some jack-wagon couldn’t kill some male plant so they left him in the woods somewhere to live out the rest of his life the best way that he could and (to the window! to the wall!) that’s how my plant got knocked up just once)

oh my god. I just scrolled through this entire thread (pretty quickly)… so many bad ideas and beautiful clones that persevered.

I’m hungry.

14 Likes

It almost felt like I was listening to two people talking to each other, your thread.

I’m stoned and hungry. Munchies.

6 Likes

I’ve been flipping, topping , trimming pretty much all in one shot last 2 grows. Had a theory, instead of stressing the plants several times, why not just do it all at once instead of stressing them several times :grinning:
Havnt really seen a difference one way or the other.

5 Likes

I usually try to do the final topping at least a week prior to flip and I usually do a fairly heavy trim a week before flip.

6 Likes

It was more than two! :rofl::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Idk, depends a bit on the individual I reckon. A week recovery from whatever interference seems alright. I usually have 2 weeks between handelings. 2 weeks babies - transplant - 2 weeks grow - topping - 2 weeks recover, … and so on. A total veg of about 8 weeks usually.

7 Likes

I saw this first thing yesterday morning while I was getting ready, then completely forgot to reply when I had the chance. :sweat_smile::man_facepalming: 2 weeks seems to be fairly common.

8 Likes

Happy Easter to you and the Mrs. O.
Have a candy kinda day and stay blazed oh wise one.

4 Likes

I hope all my growmies are staying blazed today.

Right now I’m wondering how this self-initiated topping/splitting at the second node is gonna play out.

9 Likes