One cannabis infringement case settled, paving the way for Woodstock Weed

The founder of the Woodstock Music Festival, Michael Lang, has won a major victory between his brand Woodstock Ventures vs. Woodstock Roots, LLC. Woodstock Roots alleged that Woodstock Ventures planned to capitalize on smokable products, a direct infringement on Woodstock Roots’ trademark. A temporary injunction was lifted by the judge, allowing for Woodstock Ventures to release a new brand called Woodstock Weed.

Originally reported by Ganajapreneur, Woodstock Weed plans to leverage baby-boomer nostalgia as their marketing angle by releasing iconic cultivars such as Panama Red and Acapulco Gold to the public.

Want to learn more? Check out this article from Ganjapreneur:

I suspect this is the beginning of a litigation trend as more and more cannabis brands will try to curate their public image and in so doing will be on the legal attack for any competing brands that might try to infringe on their market share. What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me … but, Cannabis Bands, Cannabis Hamburgers, Cannabis Degrees, Cannabis Beer - I’m thinking there’s got to be a “CannaFest” where all these lovely thinks come together? no? Something akin to “WhiskyFest or Taste of LA?”

Probably MJBiz con? - Cause I’m thinkin’ - If there is a CES (consumer electronics show) for Cannabis - ummm… I kinda need to be there…

giphy%20(13)

3 Likes