Online Software

WebJoint (https://www.webjoint.com/) is an integrated POS system , inventory management, and delivery tracking system for dispensaries and delivery services that integrates with online accounting software Xero (which I am certified in). Gusto (www.gusto.com) is a MJ friendly payroll provider that also integrates with Xero.

3 Likes

Well we have some things in common. We are a Xero Certified Gold Accounting Partner, same with Gusto, and Fishbowl Inventory/Manufacturing. Fishbowl fully integrates with METRC in California and supports full on tracking to Distribution, Manufacturing and Extraction with full process costing capabilities.

We also support a full spectrum of multi-tenant document generation for commercial transportation manifests and commercial invoices that is compliant with California BCC, CDFA, and CDPH MCSB regulations as well as Cannabis Excise, Cultivation and Sales Tax Reporting with CDTFA.

We are a fully CPA firm that is also fully certified and partners with Google Cloud - G Suite, Microsoft Azure Platform/Office 365, box.com, Dropbox Business, and Salesforce.

If your needs reach to one of the most experienced CPA practitioners [37 years in practice] our Cannabis Practice Group is located in Oakland, our cannabis practice is limited at this time to California, though we have several clients in Oregon, Washington, and Colorado.

3 Likes

I had problems with Gusto kicking us off their system ~1 year ago, even though we are an ancillary provider.

Have they changed their policy? You’ve confirmed and worked with them and they are now OK with the cannabis industry?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it appears that Gusto is unwilling to commit wholly to the cannabis industry.

Give us a shout at WURK - www.enjoywurk.com - for help. We are dedicated to the industry and your success and failures are shared with us.

3 Likes

That’s disappointing to hear. I’m going to go back to my contact and see what I can find out.

3 Likes

Hey Xavier,

I tried to sign up for Wurk about a year ago, and was told that my relatively simple needs as an ancillary company with <5 employees was not a good fit for your platform. Also, the onboarding process took 4 meetings and ~10 hrs of filling out and reviewing spreadsheets.

Has that changed recently? Is there a self-serve onboarding that’s as easy as Gusto now?

3 Likes

Thanks Anita! I’ve used Gusto in the past for a non-cannabis company and they are absolutely fantastic in every possible way. I’m hopeful that they’ve come to see the light and will work with ancillary companies because they are the best HR platform I’ve experienced to date in my career.

3 Likes

Hey Henry!

Hope you are well.

We’ve been able to improve a lot of processes, including implementation. I’ll shoot you an email to connect you with our CO rep to chat about what you need.

2 Likes

We don’t have problems with Gusto, and are willing to go to bat with them if you have an issue. Let me point out something that makes a HUGE difference even if we don’t like to admit it [to the individuals that may be quite competent at the what they do, no real offense intended] its called CPA, and every single on of our 30 employees has CPA after their name, and also an MS in Taxation or Computer Science. Besides the skills that come with that we play a very rough version of hardball when we need to. Though our cannabis practice is primarily limited to California, I spent the first 20+ years of my career in New York City [Manhattan], and its very different style of doing business…not for everyone, which is one of the advantages of have a national practice.

2 Likes

I have been reading through these responses and this information is super helpful.

I have a question specifically around anyone who has had success with B2B CRM software. Our website currently incorporates lead forms from Method CRM which integrates (supposedly) with Quickbooks, however, we’ve found these forms very limiting and are looking to move away from the system altogether. Has anyone worked with Quickbooks Enterprise, Salesforce Pardot, Hubspot, etc. for their B2B CRM needs? Looking to weigh options and implement this summer. Thank you!

2 Likes

We run our practice on Salesforce Service Cloud Enterprise Edition [we are a Salesforce Partner] however the software is $1500/seat/year. Overkill for most businesses.

Check out Nimble.com as the best social CRM that fits tightly with G Suite or Office 365…if you need it the CEO is Jon Ferarra…who is a prince. and by all means tell him we sent you.

2 Likes

If you have interest we can speak to Pardot, Hubspot, Nimble, the core Enterprise Salesforce product is probably overkill.

1 Like

This is excellent, thank you for weighing in. I would tend to agree that the Salesforce Service Cloud Enterprise Edition would be overkill for us. We would look to have about a handful of sales reps and customer success employees initially utilize the CRM program and would look to scale to about 10 seats. I was not familiar with Nimble but I will begin my due diligence on it this week.

I’ve done some digging on Pardot (and even spoken to Salesforce about it), but wanted to see if you have a preference between Pardot and Hubspot for B2B CRM for a SMB like us.

1 Like

They are different tools…Pardot was originally built as a Marketo like marketing suite, and Hubspot CRM is really designed for a very specific purpose…Hubspot gives that product away as a front end for its excellent but quite pricy inbound marketing platform. ID you aren’t doing much inbound marketing, while I like Hubspot, its overkill for the cannabis industry. Other than Salesforce EE…the combination of Nimble with Office 365 of G Suite is excellent, and one more combination which is top of my list is G Suite with a product called Cirrus Insight. Finally, and this isn’t selling, our firm supports 89,000 seats of salesforce, 1,500 G Suite Domains and roughly 400 O365 tenants…we were G Suite Reseller Partner #4 back in 2007…so we don’t just dabble with these tools they are a significant part of our business.

Just wanted to add that I reached out to the CEO at Nimble and ask him to assign one of his reps to work with su with specific focun on the cannabis industry.

1 Like

Thank you, Jordan, very much appreciated. And thank you for the detail and insight on these different systems.

I spoke with Chelsea Turner Esq. with Gusto’s Legal team and was informed as “official policy” that Gusto is absolutely willing to accept, and, in fact, WELCOMES, ancillary cannabis businesses [e.g. professional service providers such as attorneys; cpas and consultants, technology providers such as SaaS and Big Data & Analytics, marketing, PR, etc to their platform. If you have have questions, our team working with our Partner Team Rep at Gusto welcome that opportunity to assist your efforts.

We also happen to be Xero Gold Accounting and Cloud Integration partners in addition to being partners with a broad range of major technologies including - : Google Cloud Partners, Microsoft CSP Office 365 & Azure, AWS, box.com, Dropbox Business, workato.com, smartsheet.com, sookasa.com, sookasa.com, Synnex, Cirrus insight, Evercontact, Salesforce Xero Gold Accounting/Cloud Integrators, Evernote Business

1 Like