Opinion of health on my 1st plant

Hello!
I’m a first time grower. I’m growing an autoflower using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil in a 5 gallon fabric container. PH of soil is 6.5 to 7. I’m on day 18 since germination and just added Fox Farm Grow Big nutrients for the 1st time @ 1/2 recommended dose to start with. Growing indoors and at temps of about 72 to 75 with 65% humidity. I’ve been running my light mostly 24 hours. I see my leaves have a little light green tint and just wondered if this is something to be concerned about and just wondering about opinions on overall health. A couple of pics posted. One is about 4 days old compared to the one I just took, for comparison.
Thank you!

7 Likes

On the first plant idk really tge second smaller looks good maybe just fast growing and chlorophyll hasn’t set in fully yet. The yellow spots on the first one rho are a little bit of concern. Did ur start after u did the feed or prior to

6 Likes

Green and upright is always good imho! Welcome to the GN Forum @jessy1017

6 Likes

So the two pics are of the same plant, just 4 days apart to show the growth. I only used nutrients today but the bright green tint has been there the last 3 days, prior to me putting in nutrients.

4 Likes

I think your doing great so far like @truthhound said upright an green is what is needed

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Your plants look very good so far. I have a question about the water that you are using on your plants. Is it, R/O water, Distilled water, or tap water? Are you pH’ing your water down to 5.5 to 6.5? The reason about the water questions is because of what I see in a blown up picture of your leaf.
Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 21-10-29 Opinion of health on my 1st plant - Grow from Home _ DIY Do It Yourself - Growers Network Forum
The light coloring on the edge of the leaves may be the beginning of a Potassium deficiency. The type water and it’s pH is important. Fox Farm Ocean Buffet soil pH should be buffered between 6.2 to 6.8 according to the information I have read on it. Right now, in my opinion it’s a pH issue more than likely. I would just make sure to pH the water to 6.2 and check the runoff pH. As you increase the nutrients being fed to the plant the Potassium Deficiency may correct itself. The lighter color on the edge of the leaf in the picture is going to turn to yellow, but it’s not really an issue to stress over. Just have fun and enjoy your grows and have a great harvest. Like @truthhound said upright and green is needed and your plants are both.

7 Likes

Looking good. @nacho151 this is the first time i have been able to reply to you. Oh im sorry im not replying to you. And i just noticed the edges of the leaves but unfortunately i dont know what it is but looks like @nacho151 does.

5 Likes

@jessy1017 Heya!! How about an update?

4 Likes

Hello!
Here’s the latest picture. Looking great from my perspective. PH is holding at about 6.5 or so. I did some slight defoliating 3 days ago. I’m in week 6, having slight trouble bringing humidity down below 50% so I bought another dehumidifier. I started using Big Bloom liquid nutrients last week as well.

7 Likes

Pretty flowers! Well done!

6 Likes

Hello!
Here’s an update on my first plant ever growing (Fat Banana Auto). It just entered week 8 and it’s drinking the water/nutrients like crazy. I PH the water down to 6 before feeding. I plan to start flushing in a few days to give about 10 days. PH is holding at about 6.5 but close to 7 once the plant needs more water. I’ve done some mild defoliation but wish I had done more earlier. I’m having trouble keeping humidity below 55 to 58%, despite having 2 small dehumidifiers near the plant and 3 fans running. Temp is holding at about 77/80°.
Any thoughts or overall comments?

6 Likes