Opinions on a new grow tent

Hello all! So I was searching for previous threads on grow tents and couldn’t find any… after my next grow I am deciding to upgrade to a 4x4 tent about 6 feet tall. I am wondering what all of your opinions are on the best tents on the market and prices.

3 Likes

They have a nice selection of tents here and the prices seem pretty good.

~MacG

8 Likes

Here’s one too lol

10 Likes

Any opinions on which names and brands would be better than others? I bought an Ohuhu tent off of amazon and wasn’t very impressed… the zipper is cheap and there were a lot of lights leaks to fix. Also the tent itself doesn’t seem very tough… I’m afraid it would rip if I had to take it down and move it.

3 Likes

I can personally speak to the gorilla grow tent being a “cut above”. I’ve had a 5x5 from them and a 2x4

For me @davesnothere, you need to decide what shape you wanna grow in.

I like growing in rectangular patterns so I like 2x4 and 3x5 tents. Rectangles make it sit where it doesn’t protrude far from the wall and its easy way to reach the back of your plant.

Square tents work well against walls to but they also do well out in the open away from walls where you can open all 4 sides of the tent and have access to all sides of the plant.

9 Likes

The gorilla tent has a big heavy duty zipper…one off the things I like the best about them

9 Likes

Get a taller one

6 Likes

They don’t even mention the zipper hardly here but for me it was a game changer

9 Likes

Good call, thank you @tdubwilly! I’ve heard good things about gorilla grows, so I’ll probably pick up a 4x4 next. @hashone unfortunately due to very low ceilings in my basement I can only go 6 feet max👎

6 Likes

I have a gorilla grow tent 5 x 5 and I think you might want to go with that ,you can use it with a 4 x 4’ print of u like and give yourself a foot around your plants and that one you can unzip on two different sites to get access to both sides of the tent and it’s 8 feet tall with a 2 foot extension if you have the ceilings for it, and it’s thicker and stronger I wouldn’t skimp out on anything in the grow room if I where you , do it right the first time You won’t regret it

6 Likes

I do regret going cheap on the grow tent the first time around but I had to meet a small budget for my hobby… I’m pretty much maxed out for space with a 4x4x6 unfortunately

6 Likes

I have a Gorilla 8 X 8 that is still in boxes. Will be able to set it up in a month after new HVAC system is installed.

It was spendy, hoping to be impressed.

8 Likes

Gorilla :gorilla: grow tents.

6 Likes

I have 2 cheapo 2.5’x5’x7’ tents (5x5x7 total). Great grow space (as tdubwilly said, rectangular shaped tents are easier to fit in a room), but the zippers are terrible for light leaks.

Those gorilla grow tents are on my wish list. They seem super tight!

6 Likes

Ooh! Check out what I’ve been made aware of!

happy growing,

~MacG

6 Likes

The Apollo Hort tents are good with good zippers. The Topo-Lite tents are decent enough. Off-brands like Ohuhu I would discourage purchasing - zippers are not up to par and get stuck a lot.

8 Likes