Organic Fertilizers

Hello,

I run a deep water culture hydroponic/aquaponics farm. We recently received our USDA organic certification for a portion of our operation that utilizes aquaculture as a fertilizer. We are looking for an organic fertilizer to supplement our fish waste to raise the EC in our water. We have 30,000 gallons of water so we need a commercial viable product.

For vegetable hydroponic production, the only organic product we have found isPre EMPT. However, we are not getting the results we hoped for the price it cost.

Anyone have any experience?

Any product suggestions?

Chaz Shelton
CEO
www.merchantsgarden.com

9 Likes

Pre EMPT appears to have no NPK and is just a molasses based, fermented biostimulant.

You would need some form of soluble organic fertilizer, not a ton of those on the market.

Something like this, but not necessarily this. I haven’t used it, just took a quick google pass for “soluble organic fertilizer”. This one is not OMRI, it is CDFA. I am guessing you need OMRI?

The other option is to brew your own compost teas from dry OMRI products for supplemental use.

7 Likes

Thanks Dan!

5 Likes

Hey Chaz! Great to see you here on GNET! Thanks @Farmer_Dan for another awesome and informative response!

3 Likes

Hello Chaz,
My name is Joshua. I am the owner of Aiye Alkame (Earth Chemistry). We provide a revolutionary organic soil amendment product that has proven results with many crop types and compost. Would greatly appreciate expanding on this and what we do to identify where we can support your goals. Feel free to reach out to me at anytime.

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

3 Likes

Hey Chaz,

Here at BioNatural we have 100% organic nutrients that are live microbes in a dormant form. They activate once the bottle has been opened. They are OMRI approved and we have a complete NPK line up as well as a rescue product. They all are bacteria based except for the rescue product (Taba). Please check us out at BioNaturalPro.com.

@Farmer_Dan is currently testing our stuff out and seems to really like it.

Thanks,
Amrit
COO

4 Likes

I’ve never see a microbial product grow before my eyes, and I have tried many products. Also, Bionatural’s price points are amazing.

The Bionatural full kit was applied, 2 foliar products right at flower transition. Then 3 soil based microbes were injected with molasses, fish emulsions, and kelp extract.

The following pictures are examples of the growth found just 2 weeks after application. This is happening all along my drip lines.

I will be getting a second kit for my mother plants when they hit their final pot size for the winter and will post about it at that time.

For clones, I will be testing out the claim that using Taba and Bioplin will enhance cloning speed when applied to the mothers before cloning and in the cloning solution. I expect results.

5 Likes

The link to the website does not appear to work.

Thanks

Chaz

2 Likes
4 Likes

Chaz,

Have you tried doing a water test of your DWC solution to determine the composition? You could try testing to see what your solution may be missing or low on and selectively amend your solution with products like JH-Biotech BIOMIN products. The entire line of BIOMINs is OMRI listed.
If you wanted to stay biodiverse as far as inputs you could test the water, determine your needs then create a custom tea (fish for N, kelp or guanos for P-Ks). This may be easier on your stock fish depending on your aquaculture setup.
EC can include alot of things and adding something you are already heavy on in the solution may not help, I highly suggest determining your plants’ input needs and addressing them specifically.
Good luck!

Mike Chang

4 Likes

If anyone is interested check out Agrinos Microbial Products. Especially the Agrinos 5-0-0 product also called UpLift. This is a chitin product. As we all know its about creating a balance. If you want sample material reach out.

4 Likes

Any growers have having success using automated injection with organics? We’ve seen people struggle with high quality organics like New Millennium Ruby that create great outcomes – 3 lbs/light and 25% THC – but clog pumps and filters because of the high granularity. We have pioneered an injection system using a new “hemiTor” pump technology that is virtually impossible to clog. Would like to hear from growers about their experiences, especially if they have a favorite thick, viscous nutrients they want to use in an automated system.

3 Likes

Contact me for rkag program money back if you don’t get results

2 Likes

![image|375x500]

3 Likes

This is fantastic! Thank you for your post!

3 Likes

Did this ever get registered for use in any states?

5 Likes

We use the Nectar for the Gods line. I would be interested in anything capable of handling that particular line, especially the Herculean Harvest.

6 Likes

We’ve had direct experience with Advanced, GH, etc., also New Millennium, their Ruby Ful#$% is especially full of solids and we’ve been able to inject just fine. Nectar for the Gods is supposed to be first rate, Herculean Harvest is their liquid bone meal, right? Shouldn’t be a problem. We’d like to hear more about your operation and experience with the Nectar of Gods line, want to connect by email or phone?

2 Likes

we are carbon based derived from organics. The thing with rkag is that all of our products are chelated with amino fulvic and Humic acids . then we back our liquids by kelp and our wsp products with omri certified dextrose . “ORGANIC” is a tough key word and I don’t see it really being used as much because of the NPK values . IF no NPK values then I see more OMRI products or “organic”
im will send samples out if anyone would like to try, please send me a message

3 Likes

microbial.magic.rtu.pdf (143.6 KB)
Check out the official Microbial magic Microbial liquid formulation available in 55 gallon drums
more microbes chelated with organic acids “pure Culture” microbes I have seen. We built this as a all around additive at low rates you will see healthier plants more sugars and strong root systems . 20-30% increase so far in yields
let me know if anyone would samples? Retail not launching until 2019

2 Likes