Organic growing questions

Hello all. Been growing outdoors for years and have just dabbled in indoor growing throughout my life. Using synthetic fertilizer. I have made the switch to going all organic. My question is. Do any of you organic growers have a seedling organic fertilizer you use? My 2 green cracks seem to be lacking in growth. Basically getting my ass kicked by my buddy who is growing with synthetic any help would be appreciated

4 Likes

Whats your lighting? Thats its food. Nutes are vitamins. They aid in development but lighting is the growth promoting factor.

2 Likes

Thats its food. Nutes are vitamins.

Love that saying, stealing it. :grinning:

Great that you have made a switch from synthetic to organic. Personally I would go for the biobizz range, hands down. One of my favorite brands. This is quite a cool starter kit.

https://growershouse.com/biobizz-starter-pack

2 Likes

Thanks for the bio bizz info will definitely look into it @chrisj

@Slym3r. I am using LED for lighting. Its a custom built light my dad and I designed and built. I dont have the percentage of the colors with me. I can send a list of them after work. This is basically the trial run for it.

3 Likes

Thats cool. Ill stop back by this eve. Have a great day!

1 Like

Oh yeah me interested in your homemade light too. If you can put up pics. I’m getting ready to order up the pods for my supplemental far red lights and build them. Got 4 Planet of the Grapes up now. Still just tiny little baby girls about 1" tall.

1 Like

Pic 2 is of veg lighting
Pic 3 is bloom lighting

2 phase light

1 Like

Just lookin at your lights, and I think you have too much red in them for a good veg. My own personal experience is that for the very best grow in veg you should stay at about 4200 to 4800K light color. And with full spectrum on the other colors as well. Did you purchase all the bars pre built or did you put the diodes on the heat sink bars yourself? did you find you need the fans? Nice job!

1 Like

Everything on the light was built by either my father or myself. Nothing was bought pre built. The fans we have on a temp probe built into the light. As soon as the heat sinks reach 33deg the fans kick on to cool it down to 25deg. Everything in the tent is being controlled by this box 20210206_154146

3 Likes

Thats a old picture. But in 5 days my whole tent has used 7kilo watts of power. Thats turns out to be 91cents of running cost

2 Likes

Very cool! Do you know what the overall color reading is? And I am assuming you are talking Celsius , not Fahrenheit. You know us behind the times folks in the USA not on the metric system lol.

1 Like

yo brother I’d try to up the humidity this is the chart I use for specs on humidity level for temps. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hahaha yes Celsius. And no I do not. Im to cheap to buy the meters needed to do so. We have just done alot of research and seeing what percentage of color spectrum plants need at there stages. Im sure its as good as what the big guys build. But that light cost me next to nothing to build. Ill get the percentage and list them here

2 Likes

What is “next to nothing” …I have found that with all the stuff it is just as expensive as buying one already built.

3 Likes

Well that is indeed dirt cheap. Can you give us a rundown on all the colors of LED’s you bought, and the brand of the diodes?

2 Likes

Yes I can. It will have to wait though. Im at work right now. But as soon as I get back home ill grab my paperwork and send out a list

4 Likes

That would be fantastic…thanks for putting up with an old pain in the rear lol.

2 Likes

2 Likes

So I went by the hydro shop today to ask for some organic advice. She knows her shit all she grows is organic. And such a great place just to be around
@happyhippy knows lol.

Anyways. My soil mix is

Sunshine mix #4. COCO. Worm castings. Perlite. Some other goodies.

Then I add Gaia Green All Purpose.

I think I’m just used to the synthetic and im bored of not doing anything. Not going back though I want to taste my herb.

Feed the soil. Feed the plant

2 Likes

Yield of dreams I love that place. I need to go actually. I got a gift card for there for Christmas just burning a hole in my pocket lol.

1 Like