Outdoor Colorado Hemp Farmers

I am in search of a hemp farmer in Colorado. I am looking for someone that can grow 1/2 acre to 1 acre for my cbd company.

6 Likes

Hi @pt_frosty

Welcome to GN. I think you might have to cold call on this one, I did a quick google search and found this:

May I ask what you are using the CBD for, what products?

Lets also ask @bullfrog420 , one of our hemp farmers.

7 Likes

Make sure what ever farm you go with you get the lab coa on the harvest. This way people can’t bs you and say the cbd is at 20% when it was really at 11%. Also, make sure you research what strain you want grown to make sure its what your looking for.
Hemp is federaly legal now, so Id look more into how much grow experience does the farm have with cannabis specificaly. Also ask about their dry and cure process. Since its all federally legal now, you can pretty much buy from almost any state too. Hope this helps you with some of your research. Be careful tho, a lot of scammers in the hemp industry. Remember: when laws changed in Colorado years ago, the following morning every swinging dick that walked into our coop or grow store was suddenly a master grower with years of experience hahahaha even the 18 yr olds that werent alive long enough. Hahahaha keep that in mind with Colorado growers also. Lol not trying to insult anyone, but the truth will set you free. Hahahahahaha

9 Likes

Awesome advice @bullfrog420 , thank you.

8 Likes

We will be doing many coas at the end weeks of flowering. I own a CBD Company that specializes in cbd tinctures for animals. We have been in business for roughly 5 years now and vertically integrating our company. When I do find a farmer I will be looking a lot into his background and previous grows. I think I will have to start cold calling farms and hopefully get lucky.

Thanks,
Frosty

9 Likes

1/2 - 1 acre @ 1500-2000 plants per acre……thats going to produce a little weight. Hahaha I personaly haven’t decided what I feel like planting this year. I took last year off from my outdoor. I wanted a break after doing this continuosly for a couple decades. Plus, I still had a couple hundred pounds of Lifter in cold storage left over from the year before. Good luck with your search!!!
Here is my last outdoor. Those lifters where awesome. Hemp inspector said I am 10 yrs ahead of everyone on my indoor crops and that my outdoor plants looked the best in 6 counties…but then again last year I dropped to minimal numbers for an insoection and only had 35 hemp plants going and he said I am the largest hemp farm in my county. Hahahaha that one surprised me. Lol

9 Likes

Thought I would add something cool for you. What ever farm you go with to produce your hemp. If the farm has a signed contract for purchase before the plants are put in the ground, and as long as the farm can show a year of successful harvestt and sales, they can get your crop insured with agro. Listen, thats huge, if the plants are then i fested with bugs, or what ever else and are unusable…you will still at least get paid for the plants still. I dont know what the rate is for this tho. Again, good luck.

8 Likes

How tf do you trim all that :stuck_out_tongue: 2000 plants! Not manually I hope.

6 Likes

That field was only half. It took 4 people 8 days to remove all fan leaves and plants hung upside down in the dry. From there, yes, we hand trimmed a bunch, but left the suga leaf on the stuff we were going to process to oils. It was a lot of work, but I had some vet brothers and we just smoked out and worked a comfortable pace.

8 Likes

@bullfrog420 your doing it for CBD buds to smoke? I see you say oil also

I know folks in Saskatchewan that grow it for Fiber and Grain (seeds) they plant it at

40 -45 pounds of seeds per acre about the density of wheat seeds

they use round balers to harvest they are thinking about extraction as it would not hurt the fiber or

grain

all the best and very cool

Dequilo

6 Likes

We grow hemp for smoke, edibles, and distilate. I miss that plant Lifter. It was compliant for delta 9 thc, but not for total thc. So when the farm bill went full force last year we had to stop growing that one. Same with ac/dc and several others. We have been growing mainly for cbg lately, and only throwing down cbd when requested. Ive never gone higher than .1 for total thc with my cbg strains.
We havent grown for fiber, but we have thought about it. We are waiting for more processing facilities that can turn it into fiber, hemp creet, and even batteries. Otherwise, we have at least found ways to utilize the entire plant, except the roots. We use the biomass for assorted things, fan leaves, stems, and stalks get mulched up to be used as chicken coop bedding.

7 Likes