Outside air filtering for indoor grow

What methods of air filtration are you guys using for treating outside air, before it enter your grow. We have a 1200 square foot garden with almost 4000 cfm of air coming in when co2 level drop below our set point. I’m really look for something with like Merv 5 to 8 replaceable filter in one unit. I prefer to keep our equipment centralized as we have a 12 x 20 mechanical room for HVAC, electrical, and water systems. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

@Contractors, @Environment and some other @ServiceProviders and @EquipManufacturers may have some help to offer here. I might tie in some @mastergrowers and @growopowners as well. Hope to hear some great responses!

2 Likes

How do I do that? Just @whoever or is there a way to tag in posts?

3 Likes

Outside air should be enough co2 if you have enough circulation and I like to run 15% vacuum in my rooms. With intake fan. I use multiple particle screens to keep insect and contaminates from getting pulled in. I used vortex in line for exhaust with carbon filter pulling harder than intake because intake is 4 inch inline with pipe ran around canopy with ports do direct incoming air throughout garden. I pull through a huge carbon filter on opposite side of pipe across the canopy. If you need more co2 in a small room just get some tanks with regulators and make a spray bar the fogs the garden from the top as co2 falls. keeping it around 12-1500ppm

3 Likes

Check out our product and give me your thoughts.

Terry McConn

Pantec Air LLC

Houston, Texas 77036

713-306-8355

induct5000_spec.pdf (517 KB)

BDP_Beyond_ActivePure_Technology-WhitePaper.pdf (94.5 KB)

2 Likes

Check out our Directory to see all the badges and groups that are represented in our forum. To reach out to those folks in that group, you can use the “@” symbol and tag that group to reach out to everyone who is in the group. It’s an easy and powerful way to reach groups. Just be careful to never spam other forum members :sunglasses:

FYI only admins can tag everyone in the forum (ie the memberdirectory tag)

2 Likes

3 Likes

With cold temps like these it wont take long to cool down the room in January. On the other side of thing we have the humidity to deal with. It regularly gets to 85% in the warmer months. We are using outside are to cool when conditions are right. When outside is not being pulled in, we have 5 tons of AC to keep temps down humidity in check. I just cant seem to find a single filter large enough to handle 4,000 CFM, perhaps paralleling 2 smaller ones will work. I’m just trying to keep and mold or pests from being suck into our fresh air system.

4 Likes

@tlmcconn How does your product filter out particles such as dust, pollen, dander, etc.?

3 Likes

Positive and negative charges attacks and kills in the air and on surfaces.

3 Likes

Ok does that mean your product needs to be used with a conventional filtering method? SE Oklahoma is heavily forested and we have lots of pine trees that produce massive amounts of pollen. Like the kind of pollen that you can see drifting through the air.

3 Likes

Fantech sells filter boxes that take standard pleated cartridge filters, I have 14" units on each of my 3 intakes.

The bigger question is, why are you blowing air into a CO2 grow? It should be sealed up airtight and your AC handles 100% of the cooling needs. If you want to burp it at night to remove excess O2 that’s one thing, but otherwise the AC needs to be doing 100% of your cooling duties.

2 Likes

Yes, Its going to take care of all allergens in the AC duct and in the air of your grow.

3 Likes

It’s not a CO2 grow. Just trying to take advantage of outside air temps and save on electricity. We only bring outside air in, to increase CO2 levels. When it’s cool outside will cycle outside air into the grow to remove heat from lights.

2 Likes