Outside plant problems

I got branches breaking off getting to end of season anybody have a clue? My first outside plants

should i chuck it?

4 Likes

I think you have a pest burrowing into your stalks. I can’t really see exactly what it is but I’m thinking it’s a Hemp Borer or it might be a corn earworm.

2 Likes

does the stalk feel mushy?

4 Likes

I would guess that the branch grow out would break right off

looks like some sort of rot at the cambium layer

be safe and grow well

Dequilo

4 Likes

Its pretty ridgid had rain and wind problem a while back hers the whole plant

5 Likes

to me at this point the plant looks good and is almost finished :slight_smile:

I would not really sweat the load but always nice to know the why :wink:

4 Likes

Here is a stock photo of a hemp borer.

Here is a stock photo of Corn Earworms eating hemp.

4 Likes

Just picked off a couple of those corn Earworms off my honey this morning. They sure eat a lot of leaf for being so damn small!!

Marty

5 Likes

You ought to see what those nasty critters will do to a corn crop. The hemp borers hit the state of Colorado a while ago, I was told they wiped out a pot crop grown by The University of Colorado Researchers in a very short time.

4 Likes

The spots where u cut branches off do appear to be rot or bad areas but don’t much seem like pillars burrowed in them. Just looks like after the cutting it got bacteria of some sort on the spots causing bad bruising and damage/ rot look. Get something u can tie off to above the plants so they have support holding the weight if it rains again lol. If u can cover them before the rain that would benefit u massive thats of u can catch it before rain hit take peroxide strait and rub the brown stalk spots a couple few times super well it may cover the bacteria from spreading any further or getting to buds.

5 Likes

Found some bud rot in grandpa’s stash and cut it out and found a catapillar in branch cut her down she was ready

and bud washed hopefully there’s no more

5 Likes

Me I just smoke the critters…I find it adds a certain patina to the smoke lol.

Marty

5 Likes

If you cut that problem plant down already, take a razor blade or a scalpel and slit the spot where the brown spots were on the stalk and see if there are larvae in it, or cut the stalk in two where the damage was and see if the pith was dark brown.

4 Likes

like Tequila :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just thinking about smoking catapillar shit is sick! Lolol

5 Likes