Oxygen absorbers/Silica Gel Packs

I’m not :100:on which is better. I lean towards Integra somewhat. No real reason why

I am Boveda all the way but have never used Integra… to me why change from something that has never failed me…

2 Likes

For sure. They are basically the same

I’m just curious, but what kind of problems could you run into, using these?

If the flower isn’t dryied enough. Mold mainly

So, if I understood correctly, you dry your buds to the desired RH and then maintain it with one of those packs?
Their website mentions that it can correct RH both ways. How close do you have to be for these products to work properly and avoid problems? I’m asking because that’s the kind of mistake I would make and I’m trying to avoid further mishaps down the road.

1 Like

Well there is a little varience there. I use the packs for long term storage,to preserve freshness. Some use it for curing. Some will call that the same thing. Basically. You want your flower fully smokable dry. Then you pop a pack into the container with your flower. If you are curing then of course burping is a must. If long term storage you set it and forget it

3 Likes

I replace place them when they are hard crispy and no longer gel like… it’s not hard to tell… I dry on a rack then when still slight wet I put in paper bags weighing daily and mixing the flower up daily… when the weigh drop is only 2-3 grams I put in a mason jar with the boveda burping daily until cured enough…this is how I dry at the moment and can never see it changing unless I am happy with freeze dried flower…

Well yeah that’s why Integra has the buldt in monitor system

1 Like

Im testing the bovitas next. But i love the integras monitor card there awesome.

3 Likes

Boveda Packs are the best. They control the humidity level both ways.

2 Likes

So does integra

2 Likes

Once my runtz strain is finished flowering im doing a side by side comparison test.
I have noticed that the bud needs a few hours of airing out and drying a tiny bit more up to 1 night before smoking it. At 65% its a hair moist to try and smoke. And if you do it gonna keep burning as it dries more as you try and rip it in a bong. And it makes the bud sticky to handle. Just wait 1 day and perfect. I like just a little bend in the stem and then a nice crisp crack of the stem as it start to bend. Then its perfect.

2 Likes

The thing is you want a minimum of thirty day cure before you even attempt to smoke. I won’t touch mine till they have cured a least ninety days. That’s prime smoke then

3 Likes

When I smoked flower… 90 days was easily my minimum… these people asking can I dry in a dehumidifier…???.. My answer is why… I never lack for herb… I find most people lacking give too much away…me… never do I do that… but when I have lots… my friends have lots… but I never suffer for them…

3 Likes

I ran out 2 months ago. But i had started growing before that. So i wasnt out mine was ready the exact time i ran out of commercial. And now i will never be out as i have my own now. And i really like my weed. I tried 4 strains and all 3 strains i grew were better flavor and high.

3 Likes

We always outgrow commercial…I found that out 5 years ago when I started again…after a 25 year break…

3 Likes

Hhmm id love to grow outdoors but UT. Is not legal yet.

1 Like

Wasn’t legal here when I restarted…lol…

Haha I can say the same. I miss the old days sort of. Don’t miss the stress and hassle though. Times were just easier it seemed. Even though The smoke was usually Mexican brick weed. Stems and seed mostly