Oxygen absorbers/Silica Gel Packs

Anyone use these either for oxygen inhibition or removing excess moisture before curing? Or even during curing? You know the packs that come with beef jerky.

1 Like

@devjyarn …this guy would be the man to ask he is the man when it comes to things like that… Personally I’ve never used anything like that

2 Likes

Thanks for the shout out, @scotty17.

I’ve never used the silica gel packs for drying cannabis before. I dry in a controlled environment then use a 2 way humidity pack throughout cure. There are so many ways other industries process and handle their goods that cannabis can learn from. Those might be one that works great, or they could be a bust. Try it out and let us know!

4 Likes

@fusiondesigner. Boveda do wonders when storing cured bud

Packee

3 Likes

I swear by 62% boveda… and maintains enough moisture for a nice rosin press if your material is some what fresh…

3 Likes

I got some on the way. Just waiting. I want to see if it will help an over dried bud be a tiny bit more moist after the fact.

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 it def does

2 Likes

As @Packee says… yep it works very well…

2 Likes

Really i was hoping so. Fantastic bud i let dry a little too long.

What about oxygen absorbers? I have Bovedas

Never used any… I do have some coming with my freeze dryer…

1 Like

Boveda maintaining accuracy here !the boveda 62RH is in the lid of the CVault image|375x500

What? That tiny thing is the bovida? Im mot understanding?

No that is the Hygrometer…just measuring…

3 Likes

Wasnt sure what was going on thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah as he says I’m measuring their claims. The Boveda is in the lid of the CVault a 62RH pack. That’s a mini hydrometer I got from Amazon :slight_smile:

Accuracy is superb this is about 2 weeks in…

1 Like

I use integra

1 Like

To be fair. They should be used for long term cure or storage. They can cause problems. If you aren’t used to them or don’t dry your plant matter properly

Yeah I dried it well ~ 8 days at 60% RH 22c then moved the crop to the CVault container with the Boveda that came with it. It’s improving everything for the final smoke. I’m just impressed at the accuracy as I have these mini hydrometers to test.

I have a bunch of integra also which is best in your opinion?

1 Like