Paging Dr. Green Thumb

Gelato auto seeds arrived one had a crack contacted the bank they told me to just see if it will germ or not. Of course if it doesn’t they’ll replace them. But anywho…

Have a lovely night everyone!

8 Likes

Take that cracked one out and put it on a 1/2’d wet papertowel, between 2 saucers and in a warm spot…cable box etc. Shes most likely to drown of the drops…they guaranteed it, but who doesn’t like a challenge…unless your 30yo or less I suppose.

8 Likes

@Dog_Fart1 I shall give that a go. Honestly I’m pushing 30 but I don’t mind a challenge. Honestly should be a breeze after trying to Dr up a old friend’s plant. Any info on tokyo snow? That whole issue is posted under nutrients help on my thread. Plenty of people are helping me out the past few days just love others opinions as I’m not nearly as experienced in growing as I am smoking. Ha. Appreciate your input brother and I will give it a go. Would under my gaming pc work for heat? She sits probably around 80 or is that too much?

7 Likes

80 should be safe. Sorry bud never heard of Tokyo Snow, although last time I went skydiving, it was in Tuscon Az and they had Effing snow in the Sonoran Desert so we couldn’t get off the runway.

4 Likes

Think it’s a compound genetics cross of Hitachi supreme/the menthol. I’ve had it once in the past was some nice stuff. Good day smoke. Hoping I can turn his plant around so I can try it again been awhile! No freaking way. It does happen though(obviously) what a bummer I’ve always wanted to try that. Bet it’s a rush like none other. Thanks for your time tonight brother. Many more silly questions to come. Prepare yourselves. Ha

6 Likes

Hey @Dog_Fart1 maybe you can shed some light on this thought of mine… so those Gelato seeds are autos do you think I could grow two of those little girls in something this small? Regardless I’m going to try one see what happens run it as small hydro set up. Always wanted to see the difference side by side same plant same genetics the whole shabang. ! Honestly got it for tomatoes
20220220_094531|666x500

7 Likes

I have a buddys wife I just gave some auto seeds to she wanted to put in an aero garden, digital thing with bells and whistles. I think light raises to maybe 12" ish… I told her maybe start one in it and then she’ll be better of puttin em outside. Unless I guess they make a super duper model… I never doubt anything anymore.
I just wanted to laugh about the 30 yr old comment to begin with from Fart… LoL does that mean under 30 don’t have patience… is that mellenials, generation now? But that’s one thing growing will teach you fo sho… Patience… grow it…love it… Smoke it!! Keep it green … oh shit nice meeting ya cloudy, welcome to GN…

7 Likes

I just found this read. Haven’t read through completely but that other model looks like a better option with 24" clearance.

5 Likes

Appreciate that I’m currently in Midwest. Maybe waiting for warmer days will be the option. They are coming soon!

3 Likes

Yeah no more ice!!!

3 Likes

This guy, @repins12 uses one to start his babes.
I have 3 XLs, two for lettuce and 1 for mini tomatoes, I grow some great food with them, but just not enough rez or lights for a haul worth the effort for canna (opinion). I use my little unit like that pic, to keep hydro clones ticking until I’ve gotten a smoke test and determined if they are worth a second run, or starting cuttings “kratky swim style” both canna and toms, peppers etc. I’ll take a pic later when I’m checkin on top-up.

5 Likes

I have 2 different sizes, 6 port and 9 port. I use them to start everything unless it’s just one or two, then I use the trusty shot glass method :v:

3 Likes

They do look as if they would grow some awesome vegetables i did get mine for tomatoes just couldnt help but wonder if anyone had tried. Thanks yall just jumping into the world of endless possibilities. So excited to start learning as I go and try some new things. Of course when I do I’ll be posting. @Dog_Fart1 I’d love to check them out in action. No rush brother whenever is good for you.

3 Likes

OK, but get mini cherry or grape any other Tomato is gonna grow way to aggressive and need a rez 5x the size. Also know you have to pollinate by hand since you don’t have bees in the house. Here you go, not very exciting. I do the lettuce decks 2 weeks apart so we have a perpetual harvest until it bolts. The 2 tomato’s are perpetual cuttings, I think I’ve had them going for 3 yrs (those are only 1 week into feeding). The little cuts, were rooted/reveg right there.

And final is how I start the lettuce pods, just easier to seed, watch, re-seed etc. dont mind the weird funk on top thats what Photsynth Plus does after a few days in exposed light.

7 Likes

That all looks pretty awesome year round garden. Love it! Glad to have met yall. Can’t seem to get off this site on any free time I have. Dont mind me while I sit here and soak up all this information.

4 Likes

Here goes nothing.
Gelato auto

5 Likes

lol not one out of 5 sprouted mustve been a bad batch… sad day. maybe next time. not going to buy from ilgm anymore lol

2 Likes

They guarantee there seeds, just have to get ahold of customer service.

3 Likes

I had no issues germinating in paper towels with their seeds.

3 Likes

I reached out to @automatik at chitownseeds its a bit closer to home and I’ve heard good things on here from others… and also reached out to customer support which I had already right after purchase had a feeling with how pale the seeds where and one was even cracked. They just wanted me to try anyway. Much love everyone

3 Likes