Perma Clone testing and review

I received my perma clone package the other day. With the holidays I’m still playing catch up

I’m testing 24 (2”) of them in my DIY clone box

I’m really impressed with the quality of these collars compared to what is avail around here or online.

As you can see from these pictures, these are very heavy, well made collars!!

Packee

6 Likes

What strains are you testing in them?
Good luck and enjoy :muscle:

2 Likes

I’ll be taking clones later tonight, hopefully,

I’ll be taking cuts from a local growers strain that was gifted to me. It’s a cookie :cookie: strain I’m very excited to have the opportunity to grow.

Here is the retrofitted box with the

Perma Clone Collars

Cheers

Packee

9 Likes

Here’s my DIY Clone box I’ll be using

Packee

4 Likes

Think I’ll just fill it with pH’d water and have it run over night and stabilize

Packee

6 Likes

Very nice! Im running these collars in this test also and i must say HOT DAMN LOVE THESE COLLARS! I wont invade your thread with my pics but my test is kicken ASS! I agree these collars are very well made and i love that i can re-use them.

3 Likes

Ph in Rez has come up slightly to ~ 6

I’ve got a few night more nights, then plan on taking cuts New Yrs Eve

I’ll be trying this Root max gel for the first time too

Usually I use Wilson’s

Cheers

Packee

5 Likes

Now that I’m all caught up from the holidays, it’s finally cutting day

I’ve taken 24 cuttings in Perma clone collars
12 - Cookie🍪 strain
4 - Banana Papaya
4 - PTW
2 - Cactus breath
1 - Red dragon
1 - Pinapple Chunk

Packee

4 Likes

I’ve pH’d the water to 5.8 and have added 30ml of liquid karma to my diy aero cloner

I spray them 2x with a pH’d foliar spray of water and liq karma

Packee

5 Likes

Interesting. I always have my cloner running so the fresh cuts are instantly moistened when i put them into it. I find it reduces the shock to almost nothing. And i really like flying skulls clone gaurd. Helps keep the moisture in the leaves.
https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/seed-trading-thief-mr-gritz-he-should-be-banished/27787/257?u=preybird1

1 Like

They were in water before I put them into the collars. I usually let the rooting agent soak a bit on the stems then 24hr spray

Packee

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Testing by Packee - PermaClone Collars

@docdre. Here’s the rest of my review

Packee

1 Like

No roots 3 days ago

1 Like

I just took the cuts a 3 days ago…was recovering from NYE celebrations lol

Packee

:joy::rofl::joy: sorry, maybe I’m just impatient…

1 Like

@docdre same here :joy:

Packee

1 Like

@docdre I’m very impressed with these collars so far tho, blows the generic neoprene/sponge away. I’m hoping I get the opportunity to try them in my aeroponic table next. My stalks from my current grow deforming they cheap collars so much I doubt I’m going to be able to use them again

Packee

2 Likes

Working nights so I’ll take more detailed pics and update tomorrow

I have maintained my foliar spray 2x/day and yesterday, in true testing spirit, I added .6ml of shilajit to the clone rez

After a quick look, no roots as of yet.

The Perma Clone collars though, I can’t stress enough how impressed I am With then
They’re so well made, no leaks and no organic material build up either

Cheers

Packee

4 Likes

I’m waiting for my permaclone collars to show up. I’m excited to see them and compare them to my neoprene. I like your DIY tub you built! I went the DIY way also. Can’t wait to see those roots poppin soon. Watching @PreyBird1 and his success with them, I just had to get some too!

4 Likes