Pest issue

Hello!

I’m growing indoors and with my current grow I noticed a disturbing spot discoloration (white spots) on the leaves of my babies. I mannaged to kill one of the bugs and took some photos of it. I’ve never encountered it in my life s far. As to make it easy for everione there are the photos of the plants and the bug itself.
I would really appreciate it if sb can help me identifying it and dealing with it.

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Leafhoppers. Try and bump up the moisture in your room firstly. You will have to spray with neem oil or a decent insecticide, maybe even beneficial bugs. I used those double sided sticky strips and kept them close to the plants. Good luck and hope you come right.

1 Like

Here’s the choices.

1 Like

These 2 work the best. The powder is a god dam mess but works. I find the pyrine is the best. The dr. Kills spidermite knock down has another chemical thats makes it more effective but also more toxic to you Nasty stuff! But breaks down in light very quickly. Your plants are small easy to contain the problem now. Get some yellow sticky traps to catch the adults like @chrisj said or eggs are coming. And treat the soil or media with something because they start as larva in the media and climb up. Adults will lay eggs though under the leaves. You have to vigilant right now! Do not slack off. They need to sprayed every 3 days. tops of leaves bottom of leaves and stem stalk and lightly spray soil-media surface.

This montery spinosad is really safe and easy to find at lowes home depot ect. But remember you have to be vigilant if you miss 1 you still have them.

2 Likes

Neither Pyrethrum nor Spinosad is safe or allowed for cannabis .

1 Like

Thank you all a lot!!

It turned out that you can make them go away with a bit of soapy water and onion juice mixed.

Killed like 5 of em by tracking them down and the others have completely vanished, I also got 2 ladybugs in the tent and cut all the damaged parts from the plants.
Did it and 24h later there’s not a sign of any bugs and new damage. I’ll keep an eye on them and if it worked I’ll be sure to post everything I did!!
Again thank you all for the fast response and helping me out, much love!