PH METERS help

I want to upgrade from those cheap $15 ph meters. I am stuck between two options hannah instuments or blue lab. the blue lab combo meter is about $100 to $150 more than the hannah ph meter. Blue lab has a better warranty than the hanna. i would like your feed back to which one you would prefer or have used in the pass.

image image .

2 Likes

I’m a Blue Lab’s fan myself, but have never used a hannah meter.

5 Likes

I have 20 blue lab ph pens that are in a ziploc marked no good. I also have the blue lab combo meter pictured. I find it decent, but temp in my opinion is off.
After my bad experience with blue lab opens I have been using Hanna pens with more success. Some lasting two years or more. I have the red one and the black one. The black one reads way faster than the red. All pens generally last one year, Ha

nna last two. And blue lab warranty sucks so I wouldn’t count on it. If you want the fire that will never die you want the elmeco brand. I’ve never looked back

2 Likes

wow. ive never heard of elmeco. ill check them out thanks.

I use Blue Lab. I have the pens for my home grow and I use the combo meters in my commercial grow.

6 Likes

I have used both Hannah and Blue Lab. I used the Hannah meter for about the first 8 years of hard corps growing, but switched to the Blue Labs over the last 11-12 years. Hannahs were the top dog back in the day until blue lab pipped out. I think blue lab meters have been kicking hannahs ass for years now. I remember paying like $350 for those hannahs back then, and about $250 for my blue lab. I will say the blue lab warranty people are freaking bad ass. Otherwise, they were the same as far as using them. I stuck with Blue lab cause of the Warranty and price. I have several Large scale grows going at any given time So I have owned a lot of meters from both Companies. I have had to send a few of each back. I Have used so many diff styles of pens and such. My fav for a while has been the tri that measures temp, ppm, and ph. Hope this helps some. I just finished cleaning my blue lab 30 min ago too hahaha same one in your picture. 1 more thing…My hannahs all died after a couple years or had problems,my blue labs don’t. Now the pens I have had go bad with blue lab, but not the combo meters. Im using a blue lab combo rite now that Ive been using for 10 years, and it was one they warranty for me years ago.

2 Likes

by the sound of it, you must be really happy with your blue lab. and im guessing you utilize the blue lab everyday. so im glad to hear the bluelab is a work hourse.

2 Likes

I do. I also do use it every single day in multiple rez mixes. Use it so much Ive used that 5 yr warranty a couple times. Hahaha one crappy thing you should know. The one thing that does erk me is the ph probe. I like it, but dam its easy to damage that thing. Im on my 4th probe on one of my blue lab meters.hahaha The probes are usually $70-$80 to replace i think, but if you look ive found vendors that sell them at $20. I stocked up in case. Hahaha

1 Like