Ph of grow medium too high. Help

Hey yall it’s been a while! So I’m growing in a coco base, the ph right now is way too high, how can I amend this? They’re autos so not trying to repot and I’m about to go on vacation for a week so need something I can do in the next 2 days to help them out. First grow. Still working things out :sweat_smile: was gonna run to lowes, been seeing some ferts I could possibly grab. Also gonna lower my water ph to help??

Baking soda will bring up the ph, (not a long term solution) or if you have ph up and down you can use that. An acid like lemon juice will lower ph.

Never use pool ph up and ph down as it is formulated for swimming pools and may have chlorine or other additives.

Dolomatic lime will raise ph if using FF products, had to edit this

4 Likes

I would flush the plants with a ph of 5.3. Start with water. Use diluted phosphoric or sulfuric acid that can be found in horticultural ph down products. Re-add nutes and microbes with a ph of 5.3 at the end of the flush. The flush will help to remove the high ph as well as any imbalance causing the high ph. I regularly feed my plants with a ph of 5.3 and my runoff ph is usually still at around 6.3-6.8. What’s your current runoff ph?

3 Likes

Don’t use any thing but a brand name buffering agent. Most quality nutrient line’s are pH to 6ish. But flush with pH water with calmag til media is on test in and out both pH and ppm

3 Likes

I Flush them all 2x their pot size with 6 pH water when they’re over fed/ph issues. Using phosphoric acid

Packee

4 Likes