Ph of water for medium similar to promix

Hey everyone, so ive been reading for a couple days now and have found mixed answers. I am using Black Gold #4 as a medium. Seems the same as promix hp. It’s sphagnum peat moss, perlite, dolomite lime and wetting agent. I’m wondering if anyone has used this before and what they are ph ing their water to. should I treat it like promix and water accordingly (ph to around 5.5-6.5)? Should I just switch to promix because it is a little more widely used and there is more info about it.

2 Likes

I am a big fan of promix, I use Promix and 30% perlite to help with drainage with this you can not overwater/nutrient, but you have to water/nutrient often with lots of runoff(20%), I water/nutrient every 2 days without issues and good results.

@dan10 what are you ph ing the water at?

Ph scale for a given media

I use promix and ph at 6 to 6.2 and the girls are loving it.

I went from straight up precharged soil to promix hp with soil specific nutes (general organics) did amazing the squid and seaweed supplementsare legit… promix definitely holds water tho so compared to pure dirt its saves water for sure

My PH is ad 6.0-6.5, I use the General Hydroponic test kit witch is the liquid drop/matching the color witch is not very accurate but good enough, the PH pen are more accurate but expensive(200-300 dollars), the less expensive did not work for me, I think you have to use Promix like coco, a good website with lot of info is www.cocoforcannabis.com

I used Promix with excellent results in my commercial facility. We found the higher ph range of 6.4-6.5 gave us the best results.

1 Like