Photosyntech - Does bud washing destroy trichomes? Or Nug Scrubbin'!

You folks gave me such a fantastic welcome a few days ago, and I’m now back to share my latest video. Love to hear your feedback!

6 Likes

My answer… no… use just enough ice to keep the water cold and the water separates the trichomes from the plant material not the ice…lol…

1 Like

Its personal preference , its nothing wrong with washing .

Does affect the trichomes ? It does , people will say trichomes doesn’t dissolve in water , they dont dissolve in hands either , but you can see kief/oil everywhere after processing bigger quantity , the handling does .
We have done it before , but we stopped , its sad to watch the water in the barrel purple as blueberry juice from washing the flavonoids , and the top layer of the water oily .
After washing bigger quantity/number of plants the water definitely looks like some type of extract .

Hang the plants in a dark place get them ready for drying , upside - down , all the spider mites will escape up in the room , the dark makes them to enter in diapause thinking winter is approaching , but thats different story .

4 Likes

There definitely a difference in the quality of the buds I washed in comparison to the ones I did not feel j had to. Found flavor was effected mostly.

1 Like

…lol… hadn’t seen the video… did my version of a wash…lol… HASH!!!..lol…

3 Likes

Really great feedback here, and you make some good points here.

Its ridiculous cold here right now, and I’m going to cold bomb the grow room overnight. From what I’ve read the mites will not survive at 12 hours of -12C. Its currently -30 here.

Then bleach it, and possibly fog it too.

Damn mites!

2 Likes

That’s coming next Ladi!

2 Likes

I have a freeze dryer also as well as a washing machine…lol… and a closed loop and access to a press…lol…

1 Like

Makin’ me envious here… I have some Bubble Bags…

2 Likes

We rinse them with ZeroTol 2.0 ( Hydrogen Dioxide + Peroxyacetic Acid ) before harvesting with sprayer to take the dust from them and sanitize , it works better for us then dipping .

Mites will survive everything . If they like the environment nothing is helping , some grower sites simply dont have mites or they are easy to control , so growers think they know how to handle .

But if they like it, they will stay forever , they are very resilient on sprays. Oils, soaps , sulfur , bioinsecticides are joke for them . Some chemicals that are not allowed on cannabis will do the work as : spirotetramat , fenpyroximate, fenazaquin or chlorfenaphyr . And the best chemical for spider mites : MORNING DEW !

If its possible depends from the type of grow try to manage the environment .

1 Like

…lol… I like to extract 95% of my harvests…lol…

1 Like

Dropping some exceptionally good info here, thank you so much for sharing.

1 Like

What are you pressing with?

1 Like

A 10t ‘A’ frame press from Canadian tire and plates from Amazon…

1 Like

Nice, was looking at a similar type setup. Would love to do a build video one day.

1 Like