Pineapple Express AUTO STRUGGLING

One of the best things i have discovered was 2 yrs ago is that the drainage needs to be maintained period.

4 Likes

I hear ya on the Barney’s farm seeds, I knew some would dissagree and I even hesitated to put that out there. WAY back in the day that is the only thing I bought was Barney’s farms. It’s just that when you have a bad experience and you change things and it fixes the problem it’s hard not to think what you changed was the problem.

When I used to get them I would always pick the Cannibis cup winners that were back then a lot of the times Barney’s farms seeds. The ones I had a problem with was Tangerine Dream, and Alcapulco Gold and one other I can’t remember. Anyway I am sure they still make good genetics…I am just gun shy now.

Marty

3 Likes

Question: Does having ‘hard water’ (EC 0.7) per definition mean that chances of getting Ca deficiency are rather small?

2 Likes

I have had coco get dry spots. Ive had root burn from no draianage. I watched a cannacribs episode. And it taught me some stuff.

1. Fresh pots/bags media. Never reuse media or pots.
  2. I always water to run off.
  3. I can tell hiw fat the roots are getting by how well they drain. The plants that drain well the whole time grow the best buds.
  4. When the watetmr and nutrients start to slow down in draining. You need to take special care to make sure the whole pot gets watered. Or you can get dry spots with nutrients in it.
    I have found out also if your into breeding and your plants are heavily seeded and you over water it will kill the seeds being grown. Seeded girls are more delicate.
4 Likes

You might spray/clean your pots - bags with 70% isopropyl alcohol after a normal rinse and you should be fine. Just give it a day to evaporate.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. I always water in two or three steps, I don’t water every day like you do Prey, but when I water, I do it in steps. I watered yesterday, I water a little over 7 quarts into each 7 gal bag. I water with two quarts into each one, then wait 15 minutes, then water another 2 quarts …another 15 min wait, then finish with the last 3 quarts I have divots in my saucers and I always vaccumn the water out of the saucers after about an hour when they stop dripping out the bottom of the bags. This allows the coco to hydrate slowly and not let the water run through. And I am very careful to water all around the surface evenly from the outside edge to the center, its a bit of a pain to go to those lengths, but it does a much better job of even watering. i have a buddy who will never get it, he grows, but he is lazy, he gets one of those big garden watering cans, and just dumps the whole thing in one spot. It forms a hole in the pot lol… After 10 + years he still hasn’t changed and he always has runt plants. Then askes me to help him again, I do but he never listens lol. I just smile and go home lol.

Marty

3 Likes

@sssportsmfg

I hear ya! Never hesitate to put out your opinion tho mate :wink: Can always be of value. I had Tangerine Dream, Dosidos #33, and Lemon Tree. Both Dosidos and Lemon Tree were great, no the Lemon Tree was magnificent. What a smell / taste!
What breeders do you like now?

3 Likes

The last 5 years or so I have been growing Ethos pretty much exclusively. Had some problems this grow with bad seed from them, one strain had two of 10 come up and die the other eight didn’t even sprout. Then put in the Orange kush Cake that I am growing now from Ethos and they all sprouted. Still have 4 of that cultivar.

My next grow will be from @PreyBird1 I got three of his. straight Runtz, Runtz x White Caviar, and Monkey Slapz. Gonna put in two of one and one each of the other two. I have heard so many good things I have no doubt they will be good. I also have a lot of Ethos strains left, GG#4, Mandrin cookies the original one, POG, and two or three of their fem freebies 3 of each. Most of those have Zkittles in them.

And then I have about 8 other strains from ILGM that I have no idea who produced them, all are supposed to be kick ass stuff. And I still have some old Barney’s farm seeds that are 20+ years old. I really need a green house to use up all these seeds lol !! I have a seed addiction !

Marty

8 Likes

How did your Tangerine Dream do? that was the worst of the bunch I got from Barneys’.

Marty

2 Likes

@sssportsmfg Is seed collecting not the best kind of collecting ever? :star_struck:
Looks like you have some great stuff coming up! Did you meet eachother on the forum? Great that you guys exchange, I love that!

Tangerine Dream wasn’t bad tbh, but not great either. They stayed pretty small but apart from that I didn’t have a lot of trouble with em.

3 Likes

Yes here. He has a lot more I want to get as funds allow hehehe.

Marty

PS told ya I had an addition !

4 Likes

:rofl: Good addiction tho. Yeah it’s a bit far for me to score seeds.

5 Likes

@MrMonkey420 whar ya at in the world?

Marty

3 Likes

I am user and a moderator. I am associated with many forums.

You are in reference to your postings, as where I deal with hundreds each day. I see your point of view each time this occurs but also have to hear the views of many others. I don’t agree nor disagree with folks on their political standings.

This is a community for growing weed. So we keep the forum to the community guidelines that were set up for us. This is what our community desires.

Remember We are just folks (unpaid forum work and work regular over hours too). No one “runs” this.

We have had many of problems introducing anything other than cannabis into the forum.

To many one sidedness. That breeds hate. We just want love.

6 Likes

why i come here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I get all the above mate. I just think you were a bit quick. And that is my opinion.
Hope you still have time to grow if you need to deal with hundreds each day :rofl: You must be moderating an awfull lot of fora…

3 Likes

And actually, Nick Morin does :wink:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Lol. You’d think. Nice to meet ya! I’m sure we are going to get along nicely.

4 Likes

Okay so, thanks everybody, it turned out to be an excess of Ca.

Thought it was a deficiency at first, tried to correct it after a flush, which made it worse, flushed again, next watering I mixed my nutes in distilled water without calcium and it started to look better.

Still, It’s really hard to keep her happy, never had this before. Will not grow this again.

2 Likes