Pineapple Express AUTO STRUGGLING

Hi all,

My pineapple express auto from Barneys started flowering at Christmas. She has been struggling and has these problems (see pictures below) pretty much from the start. Does anyone have an idea what this indicates?
There is the brown spots, but all the new growth also usually looks a bit shrink. Deformed sometimes even. They def don’t look healthy.

Cal/Mag should be fine, there should be plenty in my water. And yes I had a look at those charts with leaf problems, indicating abundancies, deficiencies, … Couldn’t find anything that really tells me what this might indicate (maybe Boron but not convinced), maybe you can?

Indoor
Seedbank: Barney’s Farm
Strain: Pineapple Express Auto & Gorilla Zkittlez Auto
Tent, Room Size: 120 x 60cm (4x2’)
Lighting: Lumatek ATS200W Pro
Light height: 60cm / 24"
Temps (day and night): 18on/6off
Relative Humidity (day and night) : ± 50%
Ventilation: Secret Jardin DF16 T° Extractor 150-350 m3/h
Air: 16cm / 6" monkey fans
Pot sizes: 11L / 3 Gall
Soil: BioBizz Lightmix
Nutrient type: Canna Terra
Ph: 6.2
PPFD: 600 - 700
I tried taking some good pictures, hopefully they are clear enough :slight_smile:

Thank you all for taking the time and effort to help!

Mr.Monkey

1 Like

Could always do a cal mag flush. I use 10g of cal mag every day then i never have that issue. Because its always present in a trace form.

4 Likes

I use cal nitrate…so I’m Ca heavy, and still sometimes get the rust freckles with the hungry aggressive growing strain.

4 Likes

Keep it on growing or cannabis related items. We have other social media that’s already polluted. No need to bring it here.

1 Like

Easy @Slym3r. There is no need to intervene in so fast. Forum users dislike “overpowering moderators and too much censorship” as much as a polluted forum… :wink: No offence intended :v: :peace:

1 Like

@OlyBoy

Still not great, but new growth is looking a lot better already. I doubt if I can get her back to goodlooking because she’s already far into flowering.

1 Like

She looks to be overwatered causing rootzone problems. Is she in soil or what type of media.

3 Likes

Yep, they are in soil. I have to water em pretty much everyday now, when the pots feel light. I don’t think I really overwater, I don’t like to water too much at once and also wait till the pots start to feel light, and the soil is a bit less moist (not completely dry tho).
I water about 0,5 - 1L / plant.
Pots have driptrays, I make sure there is no standing water in there all the time, so excess water can easily exit the pot.

Next to it is a Gorilla Zkittles Auto, also from Barneys. Apart from the fact that she was stunned (accidently topped her :grimacing:), she looks much better:

Cheers!
Mr.Monkey

3 Likes

Yeah she seems to be not flushing out and nutrients are building up in the rootzone causing lock out.

4 Likes

So, flush?

3 Likes

I water every day. And every 3rd day i flush. You should be watering to run off of 10% of what you gave the plant. You want to have the nutrients flushing through the root zone. Like passing on by the roots need to eat but not sit in food. Lots of food siting around burnes roots that why your getting speckeld problems. You might be drying out too much between waterings letting the roots sit and burn. Try just water today but water until they run off a bit. I start with watering a little then i water it again to make sure it saturates. Some time media dries out and wont take water properly. So instead of just dumping water in there at once give it in increments to saturate the soil and run off/rinse out. Are they in cloth pots?

5 Likes

Thanks heaps man!

Makes sense. Will try, will update :wink:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Also dont let the pots sit in standing water. They need to drain and dry. Not sit in water. They need oxegen.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s what I do, I wrote that :wink:

2 Likes

This is just a fyi as I read your comments, not familiar with your brand feed, but I tend to get the twistys from Ph or them being Ca pigs. Just saying keep it on the radar.
Calcium deficiency can result in distorted or irregularly shaped new leaves (top of plant). The leaf margins and tips become necrotic. Of which you have in first photo, not saying this is the prob.

6 Likes

Canna is the brand feed. Dutch company, in the game for 3 decades already. Usually great results with Canna, and not overcomplicated with 234 products.
Peter from Canna is a walking legend btw. If you meet him at a conference / fest, definitely have a chat with him. He knows more about growing than Kyle Kushman and Jorge Cervantes together :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was going to mention PH also, @Dog_Fart1 beat me to it. I am also going to mention that I stopped buying Barney’s farm seeds a long time ago, they just didn’t do well. They for sure are one of the original seed companies to ship worldwide and to the US. But I had a lot of problems with their plants and got unimpressed with the strength of the smoke. Changed seed companies, and kept my grows the same and the problems ended. They might have been old seed, or mishandled who knows…just my experience.

Marty

5 Likes

Damn i love barneys. I got 2 strains of theres now and there killer? I like em a lot.

4 Likes

Yeah I love Barneys as well. The photos tho, this is the first time I try their autos.

2 Likes

PH is at 6.2, steady.

2 Likes