Plain Potting Soil for Seedlings

It happens to all of us. Learning experiences!

3 Likes

This is my grow tent. All auto-flowers. They germinated 8/15/21. I’m trying to stave off any problems with these, after the bud-rot experience. The plants in the middle and right front have turned a pale green-kind of yellow almost. I am thinking the light was too bright or close. I raised it two days ago but don’t see any improvement. I have the SF 2000 Spider Farm set up-LED light.

Also, the cannabis smell that was there last week is now mostly gone. That’s got me worried too. The plants that stayed green are Amnesia Haze, Trizzlers and Key Lime Crush. The yellowing ones are White Widow and Black Cadillac and XXX.

And tonight I saw that one leaf with the rusty spots on it. Any ideas on what to do?

2 Likes

get someone else to come in and smell. you might be noseblind.

3 Likes

Those are some tiny pots in that tent. What are those like 1/2 gallons? They look hungry for more phosphorus.

2 Likes

The one in the middle front is 1 gal. The rest are 2 gal. and one 3 gal. I don’t have a lot of nutrients on hand but do have Recharge and 3 sample bottles from Roots Organics called Buddha Grow, Buddha Bloom and HP2. I have just been giving them clear bottled water and, once in a while Recharge.

I will check those bottles for phosphorus.

3 Likes

Give them the hp2 thats the good stuff. Lots of “p” in guano. Thats liquid guano :+1: and your blooming you should be feeding them. Water alone wont do it. It will live but poor buds and yeild will happen.
Also your temp and humidity meter should be at canopy level. We want to monitor whats happening where the action is! Not on the floor. Because there is a 7 degree temp difference from the floor to the ceiling!

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice preybird. I’d be lost without all the good info on this forum. Will use the HP2 tonight.

5 Likes

This is a quote from another journal that my friend @LoCoRocK posted. I think it’s Great advice.
Proud of your accomplishment? You should be. Start to finish you did it nobody else. Good job!…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

Looks like a little SOG operation you got going on, very nice. First thing I notice was the pot sizes too Prey… LoL you get what you get and don’t get upset… lol gotta work with what you got right. Your the 3rd dirt I’ve met now man. Welcome to our little hangout and congrats on being a genuine pot farmer now. Good job, keep it up and you’ll have a boatload of dank to hand out to the boyz before Thanksgiving it looks. I was gonna say Halloween but judging from flowering you got more then 3 weeks left. Anywho stay on top of your watering with them size pots. Sure youve heard it but get use to the weight of the pots when filled so you can judge when it’s time to water. Smaller pot makes it a little harder to judge but youve got this far pretty dang gum nicely.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input LoCoRock and happilyretired. I am still trying to get the hang of timely watering and feeding.

This being my first attempt at growing, I tried way too many different things. I’ve got different size pots and different kinds of soil. I was unsure what would work. And I ran out of bigger pots. :slight_smile: Next grow I am going to keep it much simpler.

You are right on the timing. They sprouted the week of 8/14 so I am in the middle of week 8. I am hoping to cross the finish line without any problems. I will get some pictures tomorrow and post an update.

I really appreciate all of your knowledge. It’s all been a big help.

3 Likes

Here are some pictures from this evening in the grow tent. This is day 53 since popping soil in mid-August.

Some bud shots.

Key Lime Crush -Day 53

Amnesia Haze- Day 53

White Widow-Day 53

Trizzlers Day 53

6 Likes

Nice. Those Trizzlers ar 20Twenty aren’t they. I’m going to get a few auto flowers going in three or four weeks. I think that’s one of the ones I’m getting going I can’t remember. Anyways you’re groow is looking real good. And yeah next time around Simple it up little bit and less problems. Also the simpler you make it the easier it is to repeat. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Yes, I believe they are 20Twenty. The Trizzler auto seed was a freebie from the order of seeds I got from Chitown.

Thanks for taking a look at them. I am watching them pretty close. I got complacent with my outdoor bag-seed plant that would up with bud rot. It was doing so good, I thought nothing could hurt it.

4 Likes

Nice i have some of those freebies. May have to run another auto…

3 Likes

Just wanted to post an update on the above grows.

On the bag-

seed photoperiod plant, grown outside:

I was able to salvage a few buds from that plant. I wet trimmed them and hung them to dry for 10 days, and then I heard the snap on the stems. I hung them in my closet with the door slightly open and a fan in the room-average RH 50 and about 70 degrees. They have been curing in a Mason jar for a week and a day. I just tried some and it’s not bad. I cut all the rotten buds off and then washed the rest in a mix of hydrogen peroxide and water.

4 Likes

On my first tent grow, with auto-flowers, I am at Day 62, total life cycle of the plants.

I had a hard start with these-made some mistakes, and lost some growing time.

They are small but they do look good when you get up close. I am thinking maybe another week on these. The trichomes still look pretty clear to me.

My second grow I am only going to put 2, maybe 3 plants in that tent. I didn’t realize how fast it got crowded in there.

Amnesia Haze Day 62

Key Lime Crush

Trizzlers

White Widow

7 Likes

Update on my first group of Autoflower grows.

I cut down the Key Lime Crush on 10/25/21. It germinated on 08/14/21.

The Trizzler, I cut down tonight and am about to hang it. I still have a couple plants left in the tent a few I have been growing on my deck to go.

I learned a lot and made a bunch of mistakes. I finally got a PH Meter and used it the first time tonight. I think my PH has been too high from what I have been reading. I should have got that sooner.

The yields are not that great but it’s just for me and it should last quite a while.

It’s been lots of fun and am looking forward to my next grow that I plan on starting mid January. Mid August of this year I knew nothing. Thanks to this forum and all you guys, I got through this pretty good, I think. I really have appreciated all the fine advice. :slight_smile:

Key Lime Crush

Trizzlers

7 Likes

My PH meter tonight. I put it in the soil around 4-5 inches deep after feeding the plant 2 bottles of spring water.

4 Likes