Portable A/C cooler thing!

Anyone seen this A/C and cooler combo??? Believe it’s about 300$ for a true air conditioner that works with the cold ice water in the cooler. Lol I thought it was super innovative of course and could certainly be handy in all sorts of grow applications…smaller scale in my mind but still…thinking of getting one down the road for dry/curing.

Tate

5 Likes

That is a very cool piece of technology to do more than just cool rooms.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s all over YouTube on my commercial roll lol. But man yeah looks pretty cool for all sorts of stuff. You could wash some hash while you’re dialing in your tent for drying/curing at the same time haha

4 Likes

That looks cool. but really seems to be just a swamp cooler though. . Which would not be good for growing as it will add humidity. Ok till you are in flower at least. it would add more humidity to the room I just looked at a few pictures of how it was made. And would bet it is a nice swamp cooler from what I see :grin:.

1 Like

No not a swamp cooler it’s an actual a/c

2 Likes

If so. I want one also. :grin: I was only going by the pictures and parts he showed. There was nothing cooling that I was. just a pump, fan, radiator and the water. I am going to have to look into this more. thanks for sharing the link :grin: Ok, I just saw this here. This is not an A/C unit. It is a better designed swamp cooler. This that he is doing is just a variation of the fan coolers kids use in college :grin: This is basically just cold water. Nothing cooling it like an A/C would be. It would still be better than a hot room. :+1:

Our pump pushes the cold water through a coil just like a condenser pushes Freon through a coil. Air blows across this coil and when the air is rapidly cooled, any moisture that’s in the air is pulled out and ice cold dry air is blown out of the vent.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m saying it seems too good to be true!!! Lol…yeah I’ve rocked a many swamp cooler living in Gainesville FL a couple years back but they claim its dry conditioned air “up to 35° cooler than outside arlir…”

2 Likes

I revised above. this is nice. But definitely not an A/C as he claims. It would be worth trying in one of my tents though. I can hit 100 in them during the summer.

3 Likes

Its not really an AC it’s more of a cooler that does party tricks. Basically it looks like it uses the ice or cold water in the cooler and blows the cold air from that.

The two-in-one IcyBreeze Utilizes Cold Water in the bottom of the tub to serve as a cooling agent. The IcyBreeze does not contain freon, nor does it produce exhaust heat, so it can be used indoors or outdoors.
We can get 6 hours of runtime on a single charge of the battery.
It has twice the amount of foam as the leading coolers on the market and will keep ice up to 7 days when not using the AC function.

3 Likes

Lemme know if you investigate further or decide to grab one or something like it ever! I’ll do the same of course.

2 Likes

Its going to have a really sad BTU compared to an ac

1 Like

Lol read above thread…lil better than we thought not quite as good as hoped though.

2 Likes

If you are waning an A/C unit for the grow room. If you have a window in the room. One of the small window A/C units would work great. Mine uses 300 or 600w per hour I forget which. But it would work better for a full room. I am going to look into getting this to try though. And even if it isn’t what I need :laughing: I am sure it would be nice in a tent when camping. Nice find though :+1:

2 Likes

I think after the 6 hour charge the ice in the cooler will be melted

2 Likes

144 BTU to melt a pound of ice x 30 lbs of ice in the cooler equals 4320 BTU. My portable AC is around 12000 btu and doesn’t need to be refilled with ice.

3 Likes

I was wrong about the cooling capacity it is alot more than i thought but still not as good as an AC and it still needs a battery change every 6 hours and refilled with ice.

1 Like