PPE (specifically gloves)

Hello growers and processors!

I’m sure you all have noticed that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a tough subject during the 2020 pandemic. How is everyone holding up in terms of disposable glove supply?

Now that we are in Q3, things are still VERY tight over here in manufacturing, but I had a moment to breath today and thought I would check in with the group and check the pulse on this topic. If you are unfamiliar with me, I manage the US safety team sales for Sempermed USA, a local arm of Sempermed factories in Malaysia & Austria. (We make gloves) I have worked for Sempermed for almost 10 years and have a lot of expertise in this area. For these reasons, I thought some of you might have some questions for me about glove buying during a pandemic. I’ve heard some horror stories about scammers and I don’t want anyone in this group to fall prey this year. Even if I can’t supply you with product directly yet, I don’t mind helping you find reputable sources and perhaps you’ll be able to work with me in the future when things calm down.

Q’s Buyers often have for me:

• How do I protect yourself from scammers?
  • Where can you I disposable gloves right now?
  • How high is the pricing going to get before it’s all over? This is getting crazy!
  • What does supply/demand picture look like over the next 12 months? Longer?
  • Will I still be able to find 6mil gloves, or special colors/ textures I’m used to buying?
  • Where can I find product to purchase?
  • Should I consider buying direct from the factory?

Some Qs I have for you:

• Are you getting enough PPE supply to support your processing needs?
  • Are you paying reasonable prices, or is it getting stupid high?
  • Are you able to find the kind of gloves you’re used to buying?
  • Is your need for disposable gloves growing or waning now that we’re in Q3 2020?
  • Have you noticed a difference in PPE supply this year?

My questions are more about market-segment curiosity. I have really appreciated being a part of the network, and even though we cannot support direct-new business right now, I do know of many of my distributors with supply coming in. I can connect those that are interested, or simply make myself available to you and answer supply chain / factory / raw materials / long-term outlook kind of questions so that you can prepare your business accordingly. I hope I can be helpful either way. Feel free to connect with me anytime.

As for now, please be safe out there, and have a wonderful new week.

Danielle (Woods) Langlois
Sempermed USA
727-641-7577
danielle.langlois@sempermedusa.com

@ProcessorOwners @ProcessorEmployee @CAgrowopowners @growopowners @Grow_Supply_Shop @EquipSuppliers @LabOwner @LabEmployees

Are you looking to Hire? I do have the right Paperwork and a good GPA%??

Hi Bryan,

Sempermed is not currently hiring but sometimes our rep groups need sales help. If you would like to send me your resume I’m happy to keep it on file in case something comes up.

Nope… I work for a major global manufacturer and get all I need from them… gloves, disposable masks etc… 99.9% IPA to mix down to 70% (make it by the metric ton)… so sorry of no use here…

No worries - not everyone has those contacts, but I’m glad you’re set. Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

It is trying times that is for sure…we were ;limited until about MAay…