Preliminary test results with FlaVUH yield, terpene and cannabinoid enhancing additive

Never mind the link says 2 but it takes you to the order page for the 4 x strength.

Thanks nacho!

Marty

2 Likes

3 Likes

Generic math 4oz x 30ml = 120ml / (3ml/gal) = 40 gallon of mix.

Maybe one plant in flower, if sheā€™s not pokey about it.

Looking forward to trying it out, Iā€™ll just plant to taper it off last few weeks if need be.

** Edit** Mine arrived at my desk yesterday afternoonā€¦Thank you and I am stoked to give it a try.
Now to pick which will get it: Ethos Peach Cres. / g13 peach Puree / Estes GDP

4 Likes

Hey yaā€™ll, if you need more than the 40 gallons that the 4oz gets you, we can hook you up with more. Just DM Katie who shot out the original 4oz and sheā€™ll send out some more for ya. Itā€™s best for you to be able to use it from veg through flower.

edit: please let her know how much youā€™ll need to do a full run!

5 Likes

Posting this for those who havenā€™t seen it. There are a lot of commercial farms starting to use FlaVUH in their facilities. Many that you guys are familiar with but I canā€™t mention without their permission. You will surely see this come up in future CannaCribs episodes.

(Typing from a plane where I bought wifi for $25 for a 4 hour flight to Miami. About to spend the next week with my fiancĆ©ā€™s family. Wish me luck.)

6 Likes

Iā€™m diggin the stuff, but as a non-commercial grower, self and familyā€¦ itā€™s a bit spendyā€¦ Iā€™m at 1/3 through the bottle at a gal a day. The 15% increase in biomass and terps is gonna really have to shine early, unfairly Iā€™m also using some other Biostimsā€¦tria/kelp/lumina/monosilicic/bbpā€¦plants are aggressiveā€¦ but its a hard callā€¦What I did by using other products all together was unfairā€¦I appologizeā€¦it is an unfair comparison. But all together, I am loving them all together, if it wasnā€™t 85$ a quart. I guess thatā€™s where when you get to commercial production 10-15% can be a make it or break it. But they are eating like piglets.

3 Likes

@Dog_Fart1 your points are valid. Youā€™re not wrong, FlaVUH is not what I would consider an inexpensive additive, though itā€™s not one of the most expensive ones on the market. Its cost comes from the unique processes it takes to manufacture. Only one formulation facility in the US has the ability to make it. Due to that, we canā€™t shop multiple raw ingredient purveyors to help bring the cost down, like many other nutrient companies might do with thinks such as calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate, monopotassium phosphate, etcā€¦

The cost goes down per application rate as you move up in bottle sizes. I understand that larger sizes are not practical for most home growers. I can appreciate that entirely. Commercial facilities are mainly buying the 2.5 gallon or 55 gallon drums at the moment and the investment in FlaVUH is far outweighed by the extra biomass their operations get. At a 10% increase in dry weight, assuming you can wholesale your crop for $1,250 per lb, you get $32 back for every $1 spent on FlaVUH. At a 14% increase, like they had in the Canadian trial, that return on investment jumps to $46 per $1 spent on FlaVUH.

For the growers on this forum, regardless of whether you plan on buying it in the future, Iā€™d like to ensure you can make it through at least one full run. If you think youā€™re going to run out before you finish, please DM me and Iā€™ll get you some more sent out.

4 Likes

Nate that is a fantastic offer. In one discussion I had a week or so ago with @nacho151 I mentioned that the 4 oz sample was great, but it wouldnā€™t even get one plant through a full grow. So my thought was that it is of no compairitive value if you canā€™t compare it or make it through to the end. I have six clones inside and one outside, I decided I would try to get the one outside through to the end with it but I can see that the 4 oz wonā€™t make it. How would I get another 4 oz to make it through to the end?

Please DM me and I will get you my info to send.

Thanks
Marty

3 Likes

No worries, I got you. Iā€™ll shoot out a quart :facepunch:

3 Likes

Thanks Nate MUCH appreciated !!

Kudos to you.

Marty

4 Likes

@NateCannaCribs Nate since you are being so generous, I have just transplanted clones into 10 gal pots a little more than a week ago. They are about six weeks old now. If I start one of these with the FlaVue now is it enough time to see the results of the treatment, from now through flower? If so then I will begin with the FlaVue on one of the inside girls as well, and will then have a direct compairison between two clones in the exact same environment from approximately three weeks before flower till completion of the flower cycle.

Thanks
Marty

5 Likes

Hey Marty. Iā€™m a bit unclear on the age of your plants. You mention the plants are about six weeks old now. Does that mean theyā€™re just about to go into week one of flower? If thatā€™s the case, then yes, starting to use it now should show a difference vs. a control, all other variables held constant.

Ideally, you should use it through veg as well at 1-2ml/gal, but Iā€™m inclined to believe if you just use it in flower, youā€™ll see the difference. It may be worth noting that for all the testing we do, we use it in veg and flower.

4 Likes

Nate thanks for the responce, yes they were started as clones, two weeks in the cloner and then 4 weeks outside in 1/2 gal pots and just transplanted into their final 10 gal pots indoors. They are being grown in Gaia Green organic nutes, the pots were cooked for about 3-4 weeks with innoculant. They were in the big pots for two weeks indoors, and yesterday were started on the FlaVue, so they will have two weeks of veg before the flip and all of the flower cycle with the FlaVue.

Thanks Nate!
Marty

5 Likes

Hey Nate, do you guys have a distributor in Canada? I need a couple of gallons for one full runā€¦ not sure whats involved in shipoing from the USA. Thanks

3 Likes

Actually, you should be able to buy on our site and get it shipped to Canada now! We just opened up GH.com to ship to Canada, Mexico, and a few more countries are coming like Thailand, UK, Germany, France, Spain, South Africa and Australia!

Hereā€™s a link to the kit: https://growershouse.com/ventana-plant-science-complete-nutrient-line-kit

3 Likes

Very annoying have to get it shipped from the us and have to wait for it to clear customs. Then after receiving I got a bill for duty fees that made this cost a lot more then expected. Why cant we order from a Canadian site that has these in a Canadian warehouse? I love this product but I dont think ill be able to keep buying with this situation. If you guys brought this to Canada I know so many here would be using them. Please update me if this happens, thank you.

4 Likes

Or if there is a way i could order without the huge import fees id love to make another orderā€¦ right now i ran out of Flower but all the other bottles are around half full or more. Im thinking maybe to try a different brand of nutrients for the base nutes for flowering. Hopefully wont run into problems using VPS with a different brand to replace the flower bottleā€¦

3 Likes

@chrisj Is there any thing that can be done about this?

2 Likes

Hi @s3brandon

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your customs issues receiving the products. I will send this on to @NateCannaCribs as a reminder. I hear you when it comes to importing, and the problem with that is the importing countries requirements, take for instance when I received a t-shirt as a freebie. It sat in customs for 6 months, and I was charged twice the price of what a shirt costs to buy on the street. The reason for this is our powers that be are trying to protect our depleting textiles industry.

2 Likes

Hello @s3brandon. Iā€™m really happy you tried out VPS and are liking the results. International shipping and customs are our arch-nemesis. We dislike them as much as you do.

Right now, VPS is not registered with Canadaā€™s proper agriculture regulatory agency to be sold there. To get it registered, it makes 6-12 months and a lot of money. VPS is not quite large enough as a company to make that investmentā€¦yet. Weā€™re focusing on the US at the moment trying to build the company.

We may be able to find a way to get it up to you less expensively. Why donā€™t you DM me your personal email and Iā€™ll connect you with our head of customer service that can come up with some options for ya :wink:

5 Likes