Preliminary test results with FlaVUH yield, terpene and cannabinoid enhancing additive

Howdy GN growers. Nate here. As many of you know we collaborated with one of the preeminent nutrient formulation scientists and metabolomics researchers (George Murray) to create Ventana Plant Science nutrients. The process of launching a completely new nutrient line is definitely an endeavor. A lot of testing, testing some more, submitting label registration to 30+ states, more testing, building awareness, send it to labs to get it cleared for heavy metals, testing, sending it to a research facility for side by side testing, etc…

I wanted to share a bit of our journey along with some of the cool things that are coming out of launching this line.

Firstly, this nutrient line has been two years in the making. Most nutrient lines are just slight changes from the 16 element formula that scientists discovered in the last century, segmenting them into macro nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium) and micro nutrients (calcium, magnesium, sulphur, boron, chlorine, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, and zinc).

Ventana Plant Science did that as well, but also launched the nutrient line with a particular focus around three unique products: FlaVUH, our silica (Structure) and our microbes product. Today I’m just going to touch base on FlaVUH, but I’ll try to also post separately in the future about our studies on our silica and microbes.

I’m starting with FlaVUH because without it I’m not 100% confident we would have launched a nutrient line. We initially found out about it when we met George through some industry contacts. This was years ago. He told us about this new formulation his laboratory derived that is a polyaspartic acid polymer backwards engineered from the shells of mollusks. It turns out mollusks create this polyaspartic acid that helps them carry elements, particularly calcium, without interacting with other elements, onto their shells exactly where they want them.

How does this relate to plants? When you mix nutrients together, especially by mixing multiple brands at once, you get some small chemical reactions in the solution that make certain elements harder to absorb by your plant when they need them. Think of FlaVUH as a way to main-line nutrients to your plant when your plant is asking for them, when otherwise your plant would only get a fraction of what it’s asking for.

How does this affect your plants? It helps them perform better in almost every scenario. We particularly focus on the yield, terpene and cannabinoid aspect, because those are the areas where we saw a statistically significant increase in their production. Those tests are attached below. They both tested for overall dry weight yield increase (one showing 12% increase and another 14%), and one of them tested for cannabinoid and terpene percentages.

One of the studies I’m attaching below was done at a commercial cannabis operation in Michigan. The second was done in a Canadian government licensed cannabis research facility by three scientists.

In the second study done in Canada, we tested a control and then FlaVUH at three different application rates: 4ml/gal, 8ml/gal and 12ml/gal. The 12ml/gal was the clear winner having the greatest effect on the plants with a 14% yield increase.

Full disclosure to everyone, based on this new scientific data we’re actually going to be reformulating FlaVUH to be more concentrated. For those using it now, bump up the usage rate to 12ml/gal. The new FlaVUH is our at 4x the concentration, so you’ll be using it at 3ml/gal.

I’m going to have both Mike our CannaCribs Consulting Staff Agronomist and George Murray hop into this thread if any other technical questions or comments come up.

We’re trying to let people know about what this formulation does, and get people to see it for themselves in their own garden. You don’t have to change up what nutrient brand you’re using now, whether you’re using Advanced, House & Garden, Botanicare, General Hydropoincs, etc… you can add FlaVUH along with it.

To help people try it out for themselves, I’d like to offer a free 4oz bottles of FlaVUH to the first 10 people who are interested. If you are, post below noting your interest :call_me_hand:

flavuh-white-paper-sostanza-17-jun-2022_3.pdf (514.1 KB)
FlaVUH Pleasantrees Efficacy Report.pdf (466.5 KB)

5 Likes

Guys and gals, who wants to try a sample of FlaVAH?

First 10 posters asking will receive a 4oz sample.

Dm all personal info.

5 Likes

Heck ya, Ill give it a run. I’m about out of my E91 silica.
Who gets the shipping info?

4 Likes

for sure , I like freebies and trying new shit

4 Likes

I am using the whole line of Ventana right now. Is the increase of FlaVUH to 12 ml used throughout the grow with the feed chart schedule?

3 Likes

You’re probably looking at this feed chart. If so, you can maintain the recommended dosage during the growth/vegetative phase. You’ll just want to increase to 12ml/gal in the reproduction/flowering phase :+1:

3 Likes

Katie from our team will DM you guys later this week to grab your address details and get those samples going :dealwithitparrot:

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s the chart I just started using! The full line is making my plant look great, by the way!

3 Likes

Right on! What sort of system you growing in? Drain to waste coco? Soil? Recirculating hydroponics?

3 Likes

Fox Farm Ocean Buffet in GroBuckets. I’m going to flip to flower on this Sunday!

4 Likes

Also, we are coming out with a slightly updated feed chart with the FlaVUH 4X. You’ll want to start the Expand in week 1 of flower and use it at the higher end of the rates shown. This is what I’d do:

Week 1: 2ml/gal
Week 2: 2ml/gal
Week 3: 5ml/gal
Week 4: 8ml/gal
Week 5: 8ml/gal
Week 6: 8ml/gal
Week 7: 8ml/gal
Week 8: 5ml/gal

6 Likes

Thanks for the information! I will put it to use!

4 Likes

Yes! I’d love to.

3 Likes

Absolutely I would like to try that. I am now growing organically but will still use a silica, I love good strong healthy stems and heavy buds !!

Marty

4 Likes

Hey Nate
@NateCannaCribs

Got my 4x FlaVUE yesterday via FedEx. THANKS! Now I have a few question for ya all. I am NOT running a synthetic nutrient line. I am running Gaia Green organics in a blend of coco and ProMix and pearlite supplemented with worm castings, organic compost, Kelp meal and Insect frass. I have a couple of questions for ya.

Have you done any testing in 100% organic grows? If you would can you ask if there is anything in the FlaVUE that would cause any problems with the natural breakdown and availability of nutrients in an organic system. Or cause any detrimental effects to the biome?

I will be starting a new grow in just a couple of weeks 6 plants all clones. All in the same media except one plant that will be grown organically with the same formula of soil with the exception of it will be all coco/pearlite rather than a coco/ProMix pearlite. All other organic amendments will be the same.

I also noticed that the formula is all water soluable N/K have you done any testing using it as a foliar spray? And if so at what concentration?

Thanks again!
Marty

6 Likes

Yo Hey Marty!

Mike here, so the entire Ventana Plant Science line has been tested in organic soils as an amendment product and it works great! Just need lower rates on the mineral parts of the nutrients if using those in a well amended soil.
As far as FlaVUH, it will actually increase the bioactivity of your soil! The purified amino acid blend provides direct nutrition for your plants and rootzone ecology and the poly-aspartic acid ensures that your mineral nutrients are not being immobilized to remain available for your plant and/or rhizosphere.
VPS doesn’t market its line as organic so there hasn’t been any “organic” testing, per se, but like I said, the entire line was tested as a soil amendment program to good success.

FlaVUH can be used as an amino foliar product and there is data from VPS using it as such, but its generally recommended to be part of your nutrient program. the PAA was formulated to assist in cation adsorption and has no notable function on the leaf surface.

Here’s the breakout feed chart for FlaVUH if you need to reference it.

Looking forward to watching your grow!
Thanks!

7 Likes

Also, I’m attaching one of the two efficacy reports done on FlaVUH. This is essentially a distilled one page version of the 14 page white paper PDF linked above.

4 Likes

@mike.c Great that was the info I needed! Thanks for the speedy reply much appreciated!

One question is the 4x available to the hobby grower or only the 2x? The 4 oz bottle will never make it through a grow even at 3ml per gallon.

Could you put up a link to purchase a quart of the 4 x version?

Thanks
Marty

4 Likes

Go to Growers House they sell it there. I think it’s under $85 with free shipping for a quart jug.

3 Likes

No that’s the 2 version I was asking where we could buy the 4x version. The little 4 oz bottle they sent me says commercial on it.

Marty

3 Likes