Preybird farms greenhouse and garden

So i dont know if you all know this but. I have my own veggie seeds i grow every year and i keep the seeds. I also have potatoes my aunt gave me from her commercial potato farm. Some of them are now 77yrs old. We just save some of each variety every year at the end of harvest to seed for next year. I have 5 breeds of corn of my own that are so sweet!. Me friend is native American and 8 yrs ago he gave me some special pollen. Now Corn pollen is a sacred thing to natives and i made these corn hybrids using the pollen he have me years ago.

Transplanting all these plants took like 5 hours! I figured id get rid of these mesh bag pots and use them in the veggie garden. I lnow there going to be a pain to deal with later but i hate to waste things. Ill probably cut the bags off when i plant them in the garden. And i will be giving away a lot of plants this year.

27 Likes

That’s awesome @PreyBird1.

Heritage seeds are cool and important. Monsanto won’t approve ;^)

20 Likes

@PreyBird1 that is awesome I am also starting a bunch of seeds for the spring plant

20 Likes

That’s quite a selection of seeds. I always start my seeds indoors then i can move to the green house just before they go into the ground. Im always harvesting before some people even get there lowes/homedepot stuff in the ground lol.

Ive been wanting an asparagus plant. I have a rhubarb plant now and its 4 years old.

@HostileHippie420 bro you have to get 3 honeyberry bushes. There delicious and kinda rare. A cross between a grape and a blueberry! Very cool and unique. And cold hardy! The hasklap berry :+1::+1::exploding_head::facepunch:

I get mine from this old farmer and his family. Not lowes lol.

16 Likes

Nothing like growing your own veggies, 77 year old potatoes, that is great. Happy harvesting @PreyBird1

16 Likes

The greenhouse hit 115f wow that was fast to get that hot. I need to get the fans rolling in there to see if i can control the heat more. Otherwise i need to use a shade cloth. And i would rather not have to.

18 Likes

Harvesting your food is just as fun as harvesting your smoke. In my experience anyway. :v:t3::sunglasses:

14 Likes

Havent been keeping up here on this thread. But heres a few shots of the potatoes. Im battling baby grass hoppers again. I put down some grasshopper killer got like 80% of them but it a pia because i have cats and dogs that go outside and i dont like the chemicals at all! Any suggestions would help!

16 Likes

Getting lots of veggies so far.

19 Likes

Well i got 10 gallons of yellow plumbs this year and in gonna make some more jelly.

20 Likes

You should try making some jam too. My sister made some nectarine jam, absolutely delicious. :+1:t3::v:t3:

10 Likes

That’s a awesome harvest. Most of our tomatos got eaten up, and we also don’t spray any pesticides so they get into the food. We have a green house plan pn the way

7 Likes

@PreyBird1 , lovely fresh and delicious pictures. happy harvesting.

Edit: did you spray your fruit ?

8 Likes

No i treat my fruit trees with a systemic natural bug pesticide.

10 Likes

Ok here is another trees worth of plumbs picked and juiced.

20230827_205946_1
I have enough juice to make 72 bottles.

Ive already completed these jellies. And given away like 12 already!

13 Likes

Mmmm, plums!

10 Likes

Those looks Delicious :drooling_face: as always!

9 Likes

Here is where the plant starts. And its going…

Hits the fence and going.

Its now 4’ through the fence and onto the lawn. I have to move it every time i mow!!

Garden is doing whatever it wants now. I got butternutt squash growing all over. And all the plants are praying lol!

12 Likes

Oh nooo my little peach tree got broken by wind! She was making lots of peaches. I was super busy and i told my wife to pull off the peaches off on sunday and she didnt do it. Man that tree is only 4 yrs old and iys already been through a rough life. When i got it i planted it and got some wire cage for it and i shit you not the god damn deer decided to rub the felt off its antlers and tore half my little trees bark off it. Now this… man poor little tree. I got home after 11hrs of work to this.

Man :sleepy:

We picked all the peaches off the tree. I used the clamps to move them higher little by little
I stole a few hose clamps from my grow equipment and i pulled the tree back together and held that shit up while my wife run the drill lol that was a horrible idea! But i got it to where its back together. Im not sure what els i can do for now. Got a moist rag with a little sugar water and 1 gallon baggie split in half. Then i wrapped it in twine.

12 Likes

She will make it!

8 Likes