Preybird farms ** seed test Room! **

Here here now thats something to think about. A well put respone there!
I dont how many people know a lot about athena products or that exotic genetics uses this line of nutrients. They grow in one gallon containers drain to waste and can really push the plants and there talking like 2lbs a unit.!?! :eyes:

13 Likes

I went from using 5and 7 gallon an now I’ve landed on 3 an it is perfect, I use Gia Green nutrients it’s made my whole grow SUPERRRRR Easy and delicious tasting in the end

14 Likes

Thank you Bob. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

12 Likes

Yeah thank you for the insight Bob. I’m organic but amending with nutrients as I go like you mentioned. So 5 gallon would be ok is my takeaway…

6 Likes

That’s how my brother grows. Athena and drain to waste. I have a drain to waste setup just never set it up. Been too busy with hydro✌️

9 Likes

Lol man i originally was going hydro 7yrs ago. And my boy at the hydro shop talked me right into soil and alllllll the crap with it. I even bought the first bucket set up from him that day along with alllllll that crap! Pots soils nutrients and that bucket kit sat for 4 yrs! I finally used it it worked…it was shitty really but it works. I made my own and im on like my 3rd hydro grow and i keep missing the timing on the plants. Im going the flip immediately next run. No vegging at all! And trellis them faster?? This hydro is crazy fun and outta control.

13 Likes

Loool :rofl:

9 Likes

How long you been vegging? To keep small I go like 2 weeks max . Especially if I’m using the nft troughs. I let them go month and a half veg this time while waiting on the cloner and they are over 60”. I have about an inch of light adjustment and only have about 8 inches canopy to the light. Had to dim it down. :joy::rofl:. :v:

10 Likes

Been vegging for 3 weeks.

10 Likes

I’ve never run them 12/12. I used to talk to couple guys on ilgm that would get 6 footer. More than likely light adjustment.lol

6 Likes

Ak47 and ak48 are actually really good strains. Im smoking the Ak48 also.

7 Likes

got some seeds of ak48 couple months ago as a freebie.getting ideas for next round of photos :grin:I’ve only ever smoked ak47 :v:

7 Likes

Quick size comparison 3 gallon vs. 5 gallon.

15 Likes

I say 3 for the win lol

12 Likes

Had to move the plants around a little. there just too big for the tent there in and they were getting burned by the lights.

15 Likes

Really not much of a difference

8 Likes

Hence why you’re better off in a 3gal, saving 40% medium. If not living soil.

10 Likes

This right here. When you dump out the root ball, you’ll see medium unused.

9 Likes

Yeah but the 5 gallon one is already starting to show some red hairs all over the buds. The 3 gallon is just starting to flower more it hasnt even started the red hairs. Usually they fatten after some of the hairs turn reddish. But there both totally different cultivars also. I need to do a side by side comparison with 2 clones. The hash passion mother i used when i made the strain thats in the 3 gallon. Is just a Big Bud producer either way. Thats why i selected it for breeding. The 5 gal is a white caviar F4

11 Likes

Ok so male plants will not stop making pollen. It can get to where they will look completely dead and ghostly white and they will still make these fresh flowers.

The flash really brings out the green color well.

15 Likes