Pro-mix HP or Sunshine #4

Anyone tried Both Soil-less mediums if so did you Notice any difference in ph or other factors

I don’t recall anyone using the sunshine but I’m new to this forum so maybe someone has. As for the Promix HP it’s used pretty often by cannabis growers. Off the top of my had though I think @blackthumbbetty has used it.

2 Likes

I have ProMix but the Sunshine mix has added coco. From my understanding it’s the same stuff different bag. I think it’s from the same manufacture, but I read on another forum that it’s branded differently on the East or West coast.

1 Like

For sure I’ve been using pro mix HP for a couple years now I was just curious on the sunshine more than anything in comparison

1 Like

Ah sorry. I have been on another forum for the last year. I can’t recall any regulars using it but hopefully someone here has knowledge to help.

Have any of your pro-mix batches affected your PH

Word , I’m thinking of trying a different soil-less medium on the next run but more then likely prob stick with pro mix

1 Like

I haven’t used it as a soilless growing medium. It was originally intended for that purpose, but I ended up adding into a soil mix when I ran out of sphagnum.

I’m calling @mattybear @merlin44 I know they can answer any question about ProMix

3 Likes

No help here, used FFOF for first few grows, now in experimental mode figuring out what I want to do going forward. Never used Pro-mix HP or Sunshine #4.

4 Likes

I haven’t had any issues with PH of my Promix, but you’re not the first person I’ve heard of having problems. I prefer coco myself but don’t have many issues with Promix either

3 Likes

I screenshotted a post from another forum that has used both. I know nothing of the two but maybe this would help.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s a problem at this point I did have a calcium deficiency but I’m not sure if it came from the promise but everything is on the up and up over here

1 Like

Right on , Never really had too many issues with pro mix or fungus cans a few sticks for sure

1 Like

I tried fox far ocean forest aon my first few runs with soil I did not like how it is charged I like to be in full control of what I feed my plants from the very beginning which is why I chose soilless

1 Like

I’ve been using ffof at the moment right now and am looking to branch off into a new type of medium for those same reasons.

I personally dont like PRO MIX , it has high peat moss base , it holds a lot water and it looks very compact after watering , poor air porosity …

I prefer to mix my own soil.
Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

1 Like