QOTS needs advice please

Humor
As in Funny
Like “Ha ha ha”
Maybe not…

2 Likes

How dark does your porch stay at night? No outside lights or lights from inside the house?

My main concern is when the plants begin to flower, they might want to stay in veg due to the supplemental ambient light.

3 Likes

Something else that I’d keep in mind is that if you transplant to a 5 or 7 gal pot, they get real heavy, real quick with the add’l soil and the water. 3 or 5 gal pots are also easy to sling around. It becomes more of a challenge moving bigger plants in bigger pots.

3 Likes

Yeah but are they going to be getting g lifted about or just slide them to one side to water those behind?

If they’re getting lifted a lot which I don’t know 🤷 why you’d do that then go smaller if you’re not so strong if they aren’t go bigger in my opinion but I’m a novice to.

2 Likes

Hellz yeah! We all love to see big, beautiful cannabis!

And believe me. I am NOT trying to slow anyone’s roll, but there’s a huge diff in mass with 3 gal and 7 gal plants.

Here are two pics of 3 gal plants at week 8 of bloom.

3 gal 1

3 gal 2

And here are two pics of clones of the same plant in 7 gal pots. These plants are nowhere near ready for harvest. They’re barely in bloom. Not even buttons showing up.

7 gal 1

7 gal 2

If you have to move your plants for any reason (better darkness, wildfires, pineapple express, or the cops) I’m going to recommend the 3 gal.

(dang. @1sttimegrower I forgot to ask how dark it gets in your backyard area for your outdoor plants.)

4 Likes

If your porch gets full sun and the deck is right off it, your neighbor will be able to see them inside or not lol… I personally would top them and keep them short and bushy, and 5 gal is plenty for that. Done right you can get a couple pounds off 6-10 plants. Your biggest downfall is not knowing the quality of the seed. It might be an awesome natural cross, and it might be pure junk. I know that from experience.

3 Likes

Heck yeah.

1 Like

Beautiful plants and garden Sir. What’s pineapple express​:pineapple: :steam_locomotive: mean? I’ve seen the film.

2 Likes

Imagine rain clouds going all the way from Hawai’i to Seattle.

And then 5-7 days of downpour rain. It’s also known as an strong atmospheric river. We don’t get them often. But we did have one last September (but they can come any time of the year) and it was bad.

2 Likes

Looks like you may have two males and one female from the current branching structure. But you won’t know till they show flowers so don’t kill anything.

1 Like

I think 9 out of 10 don’t give a shit anymore. Still some sticks in the mud out there.

3 Likes

It’s a very cannabis friendly neighborhood. But as you said, always someone.

3 Likes

Hi @barb5104 … always good to see another gal on this site. I’m a newbie, too, and also tried to start with seeds I had on hand. Alas, they were ancient and didn’t take, so a nice fella on this site sent me some seeds. I love, love, love your enclosed screen porch and always wanted one!! Anyway, welcome and good luck to you! I’ll be following your grow and sending warmth and sunshine to ya.

3 Likes

I’m still trying to gauge that very thing. I really need to write stuff down. My memory sucks. It’s pretty sunny for hours in my spot in the morning and then again for hours in the afternoon. I just went out and noticed it’s shady/sunny right now but that will change. I’ll start a timer to check and keep track tomorrow. Still trying to decide on pot size, too, like @barb5104 and will probably go with 5 gallon. I want to be able to move them in if necessary, due to weather. Maybe I should rethink to 3 gallon. I have shoulder and wrist issues. My OT and PT won’t like it if I keep moving heavy stuff. LOL

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go any smaller than 5 gallon. I’m fairly new myself, but I my last grow all auto’s, I ran out of pits so used a 3 gallon on one and the outcome was a smaller plant. Just my .02

2 Likes

Porch is dark at night so I don’t think that will be an issue.

2 Likes

I have decided to go with 5 gallon pots because I will have to move them when my older grandkids come over.

3 Likes

The screen porch has a 25 foot ceiling so I don’t think height will be an issue.

5 Likes

Thanks so much. I love the screen porch also. My husband had it built when I was going through chemo. I love to garden so he gave me a space for my plants when I couldn’t do outdoor gardening. I grow mostly cactus, orchids, tomatoes, and herbs on the porch. It’s 16x16 so I should have plenty of room for the 6 seedlings I am currently growing.

2 Likes

I am amazed by your knowledge. Did you see both photos? I have 6 going. Would love to have your perspective on the other 3.

1 Like