QOTS needs advice please

I am a complete newbie here and would appreciate any advice. I had some seeds collected from weed I bought. I have trouble finding product in my area, so decided to try to grow for myself. I put the seeds (6) in a peat pot tray with a plastic dome that I got from Lowe’s and put the tray in a closet. The seeds sprouted in about 5 days. I then planted the seedlings in organic potting soil (again from Lowes) in flower pots I had handy. My largest seedling is 11 inches tall. I will be growing on my screen porch since I live in a subdivision. I would like input as to what size pots I should use. I have lots of 5 -7 gallon pots and enough room to accommodate them on the porch. I am unsure if I should put the 11 inch plant in a larger pot now or let it get bigger before I move it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

9 Likes

How much vertical space will the plants have? The bigger the pot the bigger the plant :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I would transplant sooner than later. I personally don’t like to transplant at all, so as soon as I germinate I go straight to their last home from there. Thats my preference

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the advice.

3 Likes

My screen porch is vaulted so height will not be an issue.

6 Likes

I could be completely wrong on this, but depending on how much sun you’re able to get in there hight could still be an issue. Would love to keep following this, so post away! Pics are always great too.

5 Likes

Is the porch south facing? If it’s not then you might need to supplement with artificial light.

3 Likes

What pot size do you recommend? I have plenty of 5 gallon pots. I have read that those might be too small for proper root growth. What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

The porch is south facing so gets sun all day long. I would prefer to put the plants outside on the deck, but they would be visible to one neighbor.

4 Likes

5 gallon pots are fine, plenty here grow in smaller.

As for transplanting, you can go straight to the end pot size now if you want for simplicity.

3 Likes

If I could start mine again I’d use the biggest pots straight away.

3 Likes

Depending on the strain your neighbors won’t have to see it lol :wink:
Ee0yhxP

6 Likes

I’ve always wondered if my neighbors could smell the smoke that’s constantly billowing out of my house.

6 Likes

These are my plants.

6 Likes

Why do you say that? Remember I am new to this.

4 Likes

The middle plant is 11 inches tall.

4 Likes

I have no idea what strain they are. I started with seeds from weed I bought. No clue if they are indica, sativa, or anything else.

4 Likes

I have smoked on my screen porch for years and never had any issues with the neighbors.

5 Likes

Not sure I understand what you mean by that.

2 Likes

Because I made numerous mistakes with mine and a few seedlings died and my other plants were to small for a while in a smaller pot. I transplanted and they have over doubled in size in two weeks way better than getting the root bound. It saves time to I suppose just right in the pit they will stay in for life and leave them to spread their roots heathy roots healthy fruits.

3 Likes